Tuesday 20 August 2019

The Good News


Our stories shouldn’t be considered; no one else has ever lived or experienced our stories except for us. Our stories matter and in our lives we turn pages of our stories really fast and some pages really slowly. Stories tell tales of Romance, mystery, suspense and sometimes we are caught off guard to face love, A love that lives in our hearts, a love that we have forever longed for, a love that can be challenging and sometimes we find ourselves saying goodbye because it might not be time for that love to blossom and by saying goodbye or stepping back, we allow Jesus to take the wheel and to control our fate, destiny.

My message from God this week is: ‘Tell your Story!’

When I did Alpha, two years ago, I heard great stories of triumphant, love, determination, courage and I am forever blessed and grateful for hearing those stories.  This week is book week and my children dressed up has characters from a movie.  I thought to myself most of the movie characters, started off has a storybook character. Stories can be told in a narrative, as an anecdote, a tale or a story about history. Every night my children ask for a makeup story and what I tell them, I can’t believe my imagination. They are stories about ninjas, unicorns, dinosaurs, castles and little ponies etc.  But the stories that I do love telling the most and I am not ashamed of is the Good News.

My Bible is falling apart and someone said “Why, don’t you get a new one.” I said “no” My bible is a part of me; I have highlighted lots of verses, parables, which have spoken to my heart and soul. It’s weird; this Bible was meant for me to read and from it, is what I share here on Facebook and on my blog. What you are reading is a part of my story. For example, when you go to the book store and you are looking for a book to read and one book cover stands out more than another in the bookstore and you must have it, so you can go on an adventure, have an experience, go to parts of the world unknown.

Our stories never end and sometimes it feels as though some chapters are longer and some chapters are shorter. Two years have passed and my story has changed. My love, my faith, my hopes and my dreams, have grown and each day I am a little stronger and braver. When I finish the race and know I have carried out the mission the Lord Jesus gave me, was done with God’s grace.  I will finish with Mark 15:16 and he said to them: ‘Go out to the whole world, proclaim the Good News to all creation.’

I hope you all are having a great week. God Bless Always

Written and created by My Mother Rose




No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...