Wednesday 14 August 2019

Assumption of Mary

Revelations 12:1‘Now a great sign appeared in heaven, a woman, adorned with the sun, standing on the moon and with the twelve stars on her head for a crown.’

As women, we have to make decisions that can benefit our health or we continue, suffering, hurting, and feeling sick all the time. Recently, I had to make a decision very quickly and when I told my husband, he was shocked that I wasn’t more upset and that I was unconcerned. I suppose my decision was based on the fact that my health is important and the two children I have need a mother who is fit and healthy, somehow I did know that it was a part of God’s plan. When I do see a little baby, I do think “it would have been nice to have another.” I do however have memories of trying to have babies, we had lots of trouble and we decided to go to Melbourne for our first anniversary. When we were in Melbourne, we went to the art gallery and there happened to be an exhibition for Mary the Mother of God and so I went up to every picture in the gallery and prayed, for help to become a mother like her. It was funny, how I knew that I was pregnant with my son and I remember telling all my family and I got to tell my Granddad before he passed away, two weeks after.

Today, we celebrate ‘The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary.’ So the belief is that The Assumption of the Virgin Mary into heaven was that her body and soul was taken into heaven at the end of her earthly life.

I pray that we may be women, who like Mary surrenders to do God’s will, May we be women of God’s desires, gentleness, quietness, hope, faithfulness and fearfulness. May each one of us know that when the time is right, the Lord will make it happen. Let us proclaim the greatness of the Lord, for God our saviour has looked down upon his lowly handmaids and blessed us all. Amen.

Proverbs 31:25 ‘She is clothed in strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.’

written and created by My Mother Rose 

I hope you are all having a great week. God Bless Always

🙏🌹🌷💙

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...