Saturday 10 August 2019

One Body


“I am a daughter of a King, A new creation, A temple of the Holy Spirit, God’s masterpiece, forgiven, fearfully and wonderfully made, more than a conqueror, redeemed.”

I love that quote, this week I have been drawn to 1 Corinthians 12:1-30. So I sat and prayed on it all week and my dream this morning and hearing “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again; whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.” John 6:35 and Jesus answered the devil, so it is written “Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.”

I did a little bit of research and it all seemed to piece itself together and this is what it said about ‘The Body of Christ’ “The body of Christ is the Church, made up of all those who have accepted Jesus Christ as their personal saviour, each Christian. Then is a part of the body of Christ. The first reference to this body was made by Jesus during the last supper. Jesus commanded his followers to “Do this in memory of me.” Referring to the bread as ‘My Body’ and the cup of wine as the new covenant in ‘My Blood.’

Recently I heard again that it is not my time and I am not ready. What I am not ready for is beyond me and my time for what? Anyway I just ignored it and it made me laugh because I am so proud of my blog and what I have created on Facebook. I am overwhelmed with all the support I have from my family and friends. I wanted to leave you with this thought. You have all heard the hymn we sing sometimes when we go up to receive the ‘Holy Communion’ “One Bread, One Body.” Each and every one of us is a part of the Body of Christ and yes we are made up of different parts and sometimes we find it hard to know what our part of the body is but I want you to know that it is not up to anyone else to decide who has a part in the body and who doesn’t. God does though because it is written “God put all the separate parts into the body on purpose.” And to know that the one spirit was given to all of us to drink. I have hope, faith and Love. It might not be my time or your time but I do know that it is very lonely at the top and no matter the position, power or importance someone may have, it can consume and seems that they are too busy chasing someone else’s dreams, to realise you don’t have to chase dreams, instead chase the God who has dreams for you. I like what Pope Francis says, in the video I shared with you all. It is time for unity, compassion, inclusivity, I think we all need to challenge ourselves and really see who Christ is in everyone and everything, If we are trying to invite the Holy Spirit into our lives and we believe in the power of the Holy Spirit that can change lives and bring more disciples to God, then we must stop contributing to the brokenness of the world and start to mend it by reminding ourselves that all of us are part of ‘The Body Of Christ’ and that all us have the ‘Same Spirit.’ If you can’t do this then you need to take a long hard look in the mirror and ask yourself, who are you? Do I resemble a part of ‘The Body of Christ?’ Am I a reflection of God’s Love? I am not going to lie, I do fear looking in the mirror myself, but in all seriousness it's not that scary. No need to be afraid.

I know who Christ is in me and I know the part I am in The Body of Christ. Do you?

“She remembered who she was and the game changed.”

Have a great weekend, God Bless Always🙏😀💐💙



Written and created by My Mother Rose



No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...