Tuesday 27 August 2019

St Monica

Today is the feast day of St Monica, when I worked at the blue building, which was before and After School Care, every time I would walk past St Monica’s Chapel to and from the carpark, I felt called to go inside. It was really hard for me to go to mass because I wouldn’t finish until 9am and mass would be finished. Now I go on a Thursday and Friday if I can to mass otherwise, I visit of an afternoon before getting my son from school. The blue building isn’t there anymore it is a huge circus tent and lots of fun for the children to learn under and for little siblings to play.

Sometimes, when I am sitting in the Chapel, I think about my dream/vision of a wellness centre for Women or the community, I think about having a beautiful garden outside and a place where a spiritual retreat could take place. St Monica’s Chapel is a beautiful sacred place and St Monica’s presence is always felt when I am praying inside. I can relate to her as a mother, wife and I believe most of us in the Women of Faith and Hope Group feel the same and I want to pray that we keep her example alive and live prayerful lives, may we draw those we love and are closest too us to God and may we remain close even when sadly, they have gone astray. Amen

Written and created by My Mother Rose 🌷🙏💜💚



No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...