Tuesday 27 August 2019

St Augustine


Today is the feast day of St Augustine. Through his mother’s intercession, St Augustine was transfigured by the love and grace of the Holy Spirit. St Augustine’s heart was restless until it found God and then it rested. I love this quote by St Augustine; “To fall in love with God, is the greatest of romances, to see him the greatest adventure, to find him the greatest human achievement.”

A couple of weeks ago, I went to mass after having a couple of weeks off because my family had been sick and my husband was away for work. My heart was restless, that morning I was watching and listening to a man from Hill song on TV, he said “Place your eyes on what you want, then step out.” It was all about steeping out into the unknow, into God's grace. So after Holy Communion they played my favourite ‘Lord I need you.’ The last time I heard this song, I felt the grace of the Holy Spirit, whispering ‘stand up’ and I didn’t but this time the grace of the spirit was so strong, I stood up and I cried and cried. In that moment, I stepped out, I professed that I needed him, every hour I need him. ‘For Jesus you are my hope, stay and my place of rest.’

May we like St Augustine, when our hearts are restless, sit and listen to the whispers of God. On this day I sat and listened to his whisper to me; I am yours and you are mine, you are enough to me and I love you for you are the one and you are ready. Creating this Blog, I took a risk; I stepped out of my comfort zone. I wanted to share my Faith, hopes and dreams and I can’t thank you all enough for your support. May God Bless you all always.

written and created by My Mother Rose 


๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’™❤️๐ŸŒป



No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...