Sunday 25 August 2019

Special


It is all that is good, everything that is perfect, which is given us from above. James, 1:17

‘Life is God’s gift to you, what you do with your life is your gift to God.’ I like that quote and I like, 1 peter 3:6, Do not dress up for show; doing up your hair, wearing gold bracelets and fine clothes, all this should be inside, in a person’s heart, imperishable, the ornament of a sweet and gentle disposition- this is what is precious in the sight of God. That was how the holy women of the past dressed themselves attractively- they hoped in God and were tender and obedient to their husbands, like Sarah, who was obedient to Abraham, and called him her lord, you are her children, as long as you live good lives and do not give way to fear or worry.

We are all special in our own little quirky kind of way. I was researching why God says we are special and if only I read the bible eleven years ago or eighteen years ago maybe I wouldn’t have brought a new outfit, new shoes, or fancy jewellery to go out in on a Friday or Saturday night. I could have saved a lot of money. In all seriousness though, the first word that came to my mind was tree and I thought a tree. Trees are special too; we can be like a tree. Staying grounded, we connect with our roots, we turn a new leaf, our branches may grow in different directions, yet our roots remain the same and great things take time to grow and another person might enjoy our uniqueness and natural beauty. If I went back eighteen years ago and knew that my life was a gift from God and what I do with my life would be a gift to God, then I wouldn’t of drank rum and coke. I do however, like the thought of dressing up the inside and our sweet, gentle disposition is what is precious in the sight of God.

Written and created by My Mother Rose 

Have a great week God Bless Always 🙏💐🧡


No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...