Wednesday 28 August 2019

Follow


I wanted to write about a hypocrite I know, but what type of person would that make me and what or who do I become when I write about them.  Today we remember St John the Baptist. “A voice cries in the wilderness; prepare a way for the Lord, make his paths straight.”
Throughout these weeks readings, and gospels, God’s message is to ‘Remember,’ ‘Teach,’ ‘Trust,’ ‘Faith,’  ‘Acceptance,’ ‘Love,’ and ‘Truth.’ 
When I was little, in the school holidays we used to go to the shops with my mum, my Nan and two great Aunties, Bee-bee and Aunty Da, and If we went into a shop to look, we would leave Aunty Da or Nanny on the seat, no doubt they would be talking to someone. Sometimes it was someone they knew and other times it would be a complete stranger. Recently, I took my mum to the park with my two children and of course my mum made a friend. Do you know that I believe it to be taught behavior because sometimes I find myself doing it and my children do it too.  So accept your place around God’s table graciously and appreciate who sits next to you. Who knows you might make a friend like my mum did at the park.  Be yourself, remember how special you are. God made you the way you are for a reason and nobody can ever take that away from you.  They might doubt our faith, our gifts but they really do not know the commitment we make to have a relationship and to follow Jesus Christ.
Do you ever feel as though you are preparing a way for someone?  How does it make you feel? Are you jealous because they get all the credit?  It reminds me of a songwriter who writes for a singer, the songwriter isn’t the one with all the glory and attention, no, it’s the singer. 
Do you know what I hate the most and I really dislike it when I see it and know of it happening and especially when I see and hear and know that it happens within Christian circles? It is women who create exclusive inner circles, a click. A woman of God and a woman of any Christian denomination should be Kind, refined, tender, loving, patient, tolerant, good, approachable, compassionate and accepting of themselves and others. I wanted to share this from, Ephesians 4:4-7 there is one body, one spirit, just as you were all called into one and the same hope when you were called. There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God who is Father of all, over all, through all and within all. Each one of us, however, has been given his own share of grace, given as Christ allotted it. It was said that he would. When he ascended to the height, he captured prisoners, he gave gifts to men.  
Women of Faith and Hope, I pray we can be women who build the body up with our love, our strength, let us be inviting. Let’s help one another and never be afraid to lower ourselves by sitting at the back of the church or to belong on the outside of the circle. May we remember who we follow and may we remember how he loved us to his death, we celebrate, we believe, in his Glory. Amen.  
Written and created by My Mother Rose 

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...