Tuesday 10 September 2019

My Son






What lengths, do you go in finding something you lost?

Once you find it, do you celebrate?
‘God calls me to you, when I see you, you seem lost, uncomfortable. I am here to bring you home to our Father.’

Psalm 90:8 Your eyes have only to look to see how the wicked are repaid, you who have said; “Lord, my refuge!” and have made the Most High your dwelling.

I am not the person I was, I have changed, I have grown, I was lost, and I found myself, do I celebrate? I try sometimes. When my children and I are listening to the radio, we dance and, in that moment, I invite Jesus to dance with us.  If I had an opportunity to stand up in front of people and give my testimony, I could picture it, my family sitting in the front and Jesus would be there too, dressed in white, with long dark hair and a beard and I would say this:

“I am sorry it took me so long to find you and to find myself. Not a night went by; over these past two years, that I did not see you and those eyes, those dark, black eyes that somehow, see right into my soul. You remind me of the person I must be. To feel your presence, to feel the touch of your hand again and again when I walk away our hands slowly drift apart and every man that walks past somehow reminds me of you. I love you, Lord, my strength, thank you, you are my rock, my fortress, my savior, you are the rock where I take refuge, my shield, my mighty help, my stronghold.

The message God wants us to see in these weeks Gospels and readings is to see who we are before passing judgement on someone or something. To find yourself, to know who you are and who you are in Christ.

‘When you find yourself, when you find yourself in God, it is easier to find another lost soul who can be brought to God, so we can celebrate.

My tip spend time in deep prayer to God, when we take refuge in God, he knows where we can go and find our lost selves, so our Shepherd can find us and bring us home to rejoice with friends and neighbors.

Matthew 7:1-2 ‘Do not judge and you will not be judged, because the judgements you give are the judgements you will get, and the amount you measure out is the amount you will be given.’
I hope you are all having a great week, God Bless Always

Written and created by My Mother Rose


2 comments:

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...