Tuesday 10 September 2019

Eagle


While reading the Gospels and readings for the week, I find that Jesus and his disciples were evangelizing and in the Gospel for Tuesday, he choses his apostles after spending the whole night out praying to God.  We are also being evangelized while sitting in the pews listening to God’s words. The priest, minster, pastor delivers a sermon which is a part of their mission to evangelize and declare the faith. The verb used for expressing ‘evangelizing,’ is ‘to announce the good news.’ I want to say this, evangelizing to me is when we can bear witness to a person’s resurrection, transformation, transfiguration, they have seen the light, been saved, redeemed. This can be done by expressing, how loved they are by God, important, precious, forgiven, lovely, chosen, accepted and how special they are to God, they are worthy, enough, needed, beautiful and all of these suggest how we are seen in God’s eyes.

When I think of evangelists, I think of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Did you know that there are symbols of the four evangelists? The four-winged creatures and it is written in Ezekiel 1:4-12 The vision of the chariot of the LORD.

‘There the hand of the LORD came on me. I looked, a stormy wind blew form the north, a great cloud with light around it, a fire from which flashes of lightning darted, and in the center a sheen like bronze at the heart of the fire. In the center I saw what seemed four animals, they looked like this. They were of human form. Each had four faces, each had four wings. Their legs were straight, they had hooves like oxen, glittering like polished brass. Human hands showed under their wings; the faces of all four were turned to the four quarters. Their wings touched each other; they did not turn as they moved, each one went straight forward. As to what they looked like, they had human faces, and all four had a lion’s face to the right and all four had a bull’s face to the left, and all four had an eagle’s face. Their wings were spread upwards; each had two wings that touched, and two wings that covered his body, and they all went straight forward; they went where the spirit urge them; they did not turn as they moved.’
Matthew- is symbolized by a winged man, or angel and signifies that Christians should use their reason for salvation.

Mark- is symbolized by a winged lion, a figure of courage and monarchy also represents Jesus resurrection and signifies that Christians should be courageous on the path of salvation.

Luke- is symbolized by a winged ox or bull a figure of sacrifice, service and strength. The ox signifies that Christians should be prepared to sacrifice themselves in following Christ.

John- is symbolized by an eagle, a figure of the sky, and believed by Christian scholars to be able to look straight into the sun. it signifies that Christians should look on eternity without flinching as they journey towards their goal of union with God.
When I was researching evangelist, I was drawn straight away to John, before I picked up my bible and started to read it. I was sitting in St Monica’s Chapel and I was praying for some guidance, I wanted to know where to start from and I heard a man’s voice whisper ‘John.’ Another strange event, the Christian song on Eagles’ wings which is taken from Psalm 90 or 91 keeps playing for me to hear and my son has been talking about Eagles and asking lots of questions about Eagles and funny enough it’s his school mascot. Also, it answers a pray about some of my dreams which indicate a relationship, a friendship and a strong connection I have with someone.

Which Evangelist are you drawn too?

Women of Faith and Hope let us pray to be encouraging and compassionate, we need to love those who hurt us as well as those who love us unconditionally, let us be thankful for every one of God’s creations that cross our path.  Let us keep evangelizing in our own little ways and be a constant reminder of the greatness of our Lord God. Amen
written and created by My Mother Rose
The verse is from a Christian song written by Michael Johcas on Eagles Wings..

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...