Monday 16 September 2019

Honesty

Proverbs 12:17-22 To tell the truth is further justice, a false witness is nothing but deceit. There are some whose thoughtless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing. Lips that tell the truth abide firm for ever, the tongue that lies lasts only for a moment. Bitterness is in the heart of the schemer, joy with those who give counsels of peace. No harm can come to the virtuous man, but the wicked have their fill of troubles. Lips that lie are abhorrent to the LORD; dear to him those who speak the truth. My Nan used to say "if they want to talk about me, let them, at least their leaving someone else alone." Did you know honesty was the first chapter of the Book of wisdom? Some might not like the truth that comes from my mouth, but I do not like lies. I understand lying, we lie so we don't get in trouble, we lie to protect ourselves or another person, we lie to keep a good reputation, we lie when we are hiding the truth. when you lie, you are being deceitful and you are satisfying your own desires. How many of you would stand with me and speak the honest truth? Would you leave me to my fate like Jesus, When Pilate asked the crowd and they yelled "Crucify him!?" Honesty is an important life skill for all and integrity is the practice of being honest. Sadly, people get hurt when lies are being told. I am not perfect and God knows that and I don't have to prove that to anyone, only God, he is the only one with the power to save, to forgive and like the woman who poured who tears over the feet of Jesus and wiped them away with her hair, I have repented and I keep on repenting over the same mistakes that I keep being reminded of and at what point does my punishment and condemning stop. I am a woman who has been at the feet of Jesus and wiped my tears away with my hair and my faith has saved me, so now I can be at peace. Psalm 119:6-7 'Long enough have I been dwelling with those who hate peace. I am for peace, but when I speak they are fighting.' I hope you are all having a great week. God Bless Always written, created and photo by My Mother Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...