Wednesday 11 September 2019

Believe


‘Praise the Lord who lifts up the poor’

As, I wept on my bible, I lowered myself before the Lord, my face was sinking into the page. In that moment, as I read the verse it reminded me to be a strong faithful woman. At, times it can seem as though, we fall back into our old ways, our old selves, I mean we are creatures of habit. One bad thought, one reminder, all the pressures of life and all our hard work can be for nothing. The ones who see how deep our faith is, is God, our loved ones, those who support, those who encourage us. Do you know what really hurts is when someone’s ego stops them from believing, Seeing and hearing in another’s strong faith.  If I came to you and told you of my strengths, would you help me find a ministry? Would you take me out for coffee to discuss my strengths and what I could offer? No, this someone wouldn’t, no one would. It’s very hard, when the person’s ego blinds their judgement and that is how people can be led to many misconceptions and it leaves people being left out or missing out on opportunities.

I have faith, I trust, and I believe and yet somehow that is never enough for some people.

So, I say it’s time to put on our boxing gloves and fight the good fight of faith. Women of Faith and Hope, Blessed, blessed are you. God’s message is Believe!

Psalm103:1 Bless the Lord, my soul! Lord God, how great you are, clothed in majesty and glory, wrapped in light as in a robe.

It doesn’t matter if they don’t believe in you or see your worth or what you offer. It matters that you see it. Believe in yourself, believe in God, even though they don’t believe in you, be the type of person to believe in them. God reminds us to be women who are faithful, to be respectful to God and one another. ‘Respect those you meet, because you don’t know what they are going through and treat those who hurt you, who persecute you in God’s name, respect them. Sometimes, I have this vision of me crawling on my knees to the feet and I can only assume it’s Jesus because he is wearing a white robe with a gold or bronze rope around his waist and black sandals. In the moment our eyes meet, and he bends down to me, takes my hand and I am a woman who is forgiven, saved.

I want to challenge myself and I want to challenge everyone else, in next week’s reading and Gospels I see twice 1 Timothy 2:8, In every place, then, I want the men to lift their hands up reverently in prayer, with no anger or argument.

I am already fearful because it is far from my comfort zone, but God’s message to me is

DO NOT BE AFRAID!

Women of Faith and Hope, in the moment we raise our hands, may we express our deepest gratitude and praise and be women who keep on acting with piety and charity.  



God Bless Always

Written and created by My Mother Rose


No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...