Tuesday 24 September 2019

My Christian Solider


Isaiah 59:17 ‘He put integrity on like a breast plate and on his head the helmet of salvation. He put vengeance on like a tunic and wrapped himself in ardor like a cloak.’

My Christian Solider, I have seen you deliver the word of God on a bike to many churches, I stood on a bridge and looked down and saw you in the water amongst an army of men, I watched you marching off to war with the cross of Jesus as your royal master, who leads you against foes and straight into battle. You are a powerful man, my Christian Solider, what makes you so powerful, you have the greatest weapon, God’s words. I have known you in many life times and you have always served as a solider, fighting a good fight. I have always supported you even though I never fully agreed with your decisions. I always feared the day you wouldn’t be coming home to me. In this life time you serve as a Christian Solider and no matter where you go, I know that I must overcome that fear because you always return home. At times I want to talk to you like old times, I know that it’s impossible for that to happen, I broke your heart and if you say I wouldn’t understand, you are mistaken. I do know, you broke my heart too. Through many trials, we must be patient, watchful in prayer, for prayers are the cure for a confused mind, a weary soul and a broken heart. Our mistakes are stepping stones to wisdom and we become great learners and become wise by understanding problems.
Written, photo and created by My Mother Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...