Thursday 19 September 2019

I am a mum but I am more


Who does God say I am?

‘I am a super mummy, my powers come from my heart, and my strengths, I am kind and loving.’

Who does God say you are? Who do you say God is?

Sometimes, I want to run like Forest Gump and when I get tired, I would stop, turn around and come back home. Some only see me as a mum with children who cannot behave, but I am more than a mum, I am a hair dresser, a princess, a chef, a cleaner, a first aid officer, an educator, retail assistant and a cab driver. I am also a little boy’s love and a little girl’s best friend. If I did run, it would only be to see how they would cope without me.

However, I am a woman who is worthy, strong, capable and I can be more than a mum, yes being a mum is a part of who I am. It’s not all that defines me though, and I don’t feel guilty or ashamed in needing to be more than that. Everyday I serve in the ‘Mother Ministry’ and everyday I wake up and make choices and one of those choices is getting closer to God, to grow more and more in knowing him, understanding him and why he created us. We have the choice to live a life that is truly dedicated to God aiming to be loving, kind, patient, gentle and standing up for the truth, justice, peace. I know the plans and the life God wants me to lead and I know that my reward will be in heaven.

I am a woman who is growing in Christian faith and if you only see me as a mum and nothing more, than you’re not looking hard enough because I know what I see, and I know what God sees. The more I share, the more opened I am, the more I hear, the more I’m doing for another woman and that means I am serving in the 'Women's Ministry.' Everyday I serve women in my Women of Faith and Hope group and I am so happy and blessed for having their support and encouragement and more importantly, It is a part of who I am and what God wants and needs me to be and I love doing it.. I looked up what women's ministries are about and they about fostering relationships, encouraging other ladies and reaching out together in service to the Lord.

Women of Faith and Hope, sometimes we will constantly hear No! if you are like me and you are determined take that no and show them what you are made of. In the words of Katy Perry, “You just gotta ignite the light and let it shine, just own the night, like the Fourth of July, cause baby you’re a firework, come on show ‘em what your worth, make ‘em go “Oh, oh, oh!” As you shoot across the sky-y-y.”
'Let your little lights shine.'

God Bless Always
Written and created by My Mother Rose


No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...