Friday 11 October 2019

Mother of Sorrows

This week, I have been mediating on the Joyful mysteries and one of the questions, I was wanting to share my insights with you all.
How would Jesus words have touched his Mother?
Jesus words are from Matthew 12:46-55 The true family of Jesus,
He was still speaking to the crowds when his mother and his brothers appeared, they were standing outside and were anxious to have a word with him. But to the man who told him this, Jesus replied, who is my mother? Who are my brothers? And stretching out his hand towards his disciples he said, “Here are my mother, and my brothers, anyone who does the will of my father in heaven, he is my brother, and sister and mother.”
These words must have hurt Mary. Sorrow was an integral part of Mary’s being and simeon prophecy was the first of Mary's sorrows, and it predicted the other six, the family's escape to Egypt, the parents' loss of the boy Jesus on their way home from the temple, Mary's encounter with her son on his way to Calvary, Jesus' crucifixion. her lowering of the body from the cross, and the body's entombment. As a mum, if I heard those words, I would be terribly offended, my heart would break and yes, I guess it’s true, I am not very gracious in the face of pain. I am trying to handle pain and suffering has a lesson and I shouldn’t keep myself chained, I need to free myself somehow. Maybe bearing in mind, that God will see me through any storm. I do think if someone was suffering or in pain, they could call on me because I know that it’s nice to have someone to listen, to show love, to pray with, be compassionate, be supportive. When I’m sorrowful, I go to my mum, my mum, listens, gives me love and though at times, I get cranky, frustrated and I have attitude towards her suggestions. I know she only has my best interest at heart. I do call on the blessed Mother who helps me, more than I will ever know.
Women of faith and hope, may we listen, may we be there for one another, may we be supportive and encouraging because everyday is a battle and we try our best and that is all that matters, is that we are doing the best we can to survive the battle.
Philippians 4:6-7 There is no need to worry; but if there is anything you need, pray for it, asking God for with prayer and thanksgiving and that peace of God, which is so much greater than we can understand, will guard your hearts and your thoughts, in Christ Jesus.
written and created by My Mother Rose
I hope you all had a great weekend, It was a little wet and cold but it was very relaxing. God bless always 🙏🌷💟

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...