Sunday 27 June 2021

Day 7 of Novena Saint Mary Magdalene-

 


Day 7 of Novena Saint Mary Magdalene-

Magdalene a generous soul:

Matthew 26:12-13 When she poured this ointment on my body, she did it to prepare me for my burial. I tell you solemnly, wherever in all the world this Good News is proclaimed, what she has done will be told also, in remembrance of her.

John 12:7-8 So Jesus said, ‘Leave her alone; she had to keep this scent for the day of my burial. You have the poor with you always, you will not always have me.’

Reflection:

There will always be people who do not realize or understand the kindness and generosity which is hidden in a soul. I must always explain to my children it is ok to be sensitive because often people say being sensitive is a weakness, but I disagree. Sometimes, being kind in this cruel world reflects a strong and beautiful soul that cares, loves and is passionate.

You see Jesus love us all equally, as he loved himself, but he loved Mary Magdalene a little bit more than others and it is very clear that she moves among the other disciples as a child of true humanity. One word to describe what Mary became is Anthropos- it is a Greek word meaning to become the best human you can be. What I have learnt from reading about Mary Magdalene is our own potential of Anthropos, to live full lives as true children of humanity, which is both flesh and spirit, both human and divine. In the book Mary Magdalene Revealed, The Frist Apostle, Her Feminist Gospel & the Christianity we Haven’t Tried Yet by Meggan Watterson mentions, Mary had the ears to hear and that the disciples did not. What I see in the church today and it seems to be a problem and they suggest the following, ‘Better two than one by himself, since thus their work is really profitable. If one should fall; the other helps him up; but woe to the man by himself with no one to help him up when he falls down.’  Ecclesiastes 4:9-10. But here is the problem really, know one is really willing to be a companion or to even be a spiritual equal and I do not really believe anyone understands fully the process of human love that can unite us from within because to huddle in a group and whisper and talk about others is not human love. Our examples however are Mary Magdalene and Jesus Christ. Jesus taught Mary a lot in private from within her heart.

If only we were prepared to listen to the divine secrets being whispered into our precious hearts than our egos would not choose who we journey with rather it would be a choice our Lord Jesus Christ has made. The more you ignore the silent presence of God and his pure love the more you are putting off the inevitable. Deep down I know God has chosen me for you just as Mary knew she was chosen to anoint Jesus Christ. You do not choose me because you feel as though I cause division if only you would listen to God and not your ego. Songs of Songs 5:2 I sleep, but my heart is awake. I hear my beloved knocking. ‘Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my perfect one, for my head is covered with dew, my locks with the drops of night.’

Prayer:

Saint Mary Magdalene, pray for us…

You, who carried the alabaster jar of perfume, pray for us.

You, who from dark clay became purest crystal, pray for us.

Diamond, passing from the dust to the light, pray for us.

Transformed into a vessel of glory, pray for us.

Sparkling pearl, pray for us.

Blazing Torch for the whole world, pray for us.

Apostle to the Apostles, pray for us.

Sweet Advocate of Penitents, pray for us.

Amen,

May God Bless Always, Women of Faith and Hope

Written, photo, created by My Mother Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...