Tuesday 15 June 2021

Women of Faith and Hope's Novena to Saint Mary Magdalene


 

Galatians 5:13 My brothers and sisters, you were called, as you know, to liberty; but be careful, or this liberty will provide an opening for self-indulgence. Serve one another, rather in works of love.

There is somewhat of a question mark that seems to surround Mary Magdalene but, in her silence, she waits with hope of the resurrection hope for whom her heart loves she seeks him throughout the city, in the streets and the squares, she seeks but does not find him the one whom she loves with all her heart. Welcome to our informal Novena to Mary Magdalene, I wanted to share something before we begin, I remember the first time I saw the one whom I love with all my heart it was at mass in the Giramee building at St. Augustine’s College, there was something different and you caught me starring and smiled at me this made me feel like I had to hide back inside my shell I know when you are around there is something tugging or pulling at my heart I can’t really explain it but it feels as though it some sort of force needing me to engage and communicate or just to stare and contemplate the amazing and beautiful love God has for both of us.  I was reading Saint Mary Magdalene Prophetess of Eucharistic Love by Fr. Sean Davidson Ignatius and it explained that her love, her actions all came from God furthermore it goes on to explain how Mary expressed her love by anointing, kissing, and wiping her tears onto the feet of Jesus Christ our savior and it is quite tempting to reenact a love that is so beautiful, tender, and real. For nine days we will walk and pray alongside Mary Magdalene I have found some beautiful quotes and verses also I found some pictures of my trip to Paris from eleven years ago so I will share those in my reflections with you all. May God Bless you always, Women of Faith and Hope.

May God Bless Always, Women of Faith and Hope.

Written and created by My Mother Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...