Monday 28 June 2021

Day 9 of Novena Saint Mary Magdalene-

 


Day 9 of Novena Saint Mary Magdalene-

Mary’s heart broken and grieving:

Reflection:

In 2011, my Nan passed away and it was heartbreaking and very sad. I cannot imagine what it would have felt like for Mary Magdalene, Mary our mother of God or anyone else who watched the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. We all experience grief when we have lost someone or something we have loved at times it is so hard to breathe because I miss my Nan, Granddad, Bee-Bee and Aunty Da so much I read a quote that said love is the last act we can give our loved one who has departed but I say that their love continues on in my heart and now in the hearts of my son and daughter and to those who I meet on a daily basis. I do not really think you get over the death or the loss of someone you have loved I mean we relive the death of Jesus every year, but I think it is simply about making it through each day, each night remembering how much we are loved by someone. However, I am always reminded of ‘Mizpah’ Genesis 31:49 Let the LORD act as watchman between us when we are no longer in sight of each other. I want to share a poem which my Nan selected for me to read at her funeral it is called,

When I am Gone

When I am gone release me,

 let me go, I have so many things to see and do.

You mustn’t tie yourself to me with tears,

 be happy that we had so many beautiful years.

I gave to you, my love; you can only guess how much you gave me in happiness.

I thank you for the love you each have shown, but now it is time I travel alone.

So, grieve for me awhile, if you must, then let your grief be comforted by my trust.

It is only for awhile we must part, so bless the memories in your heart.

I won’t be far away, for life carries on, so if you need me, call and I will come.

Though you cannot see or touch me, I will be near. And if you listen within your heart you will hear. All my love around you, soft and clear. And then when you must come this way alone, I will greet you with a smile and say

“Welcome Home.”

John 13:31-35 When he had gone Jesus said:

‘Now has the Son of Man been glorified, and in him God has been glorified in him, God will in turn glorify him in himself, and will glorify him very soon.

My little children, I shall not be with you much longer. You will look for me, and, as I told the Jews, where I am going, you cannot come. I give you a new commandment: love one another; just as I have loved you, you also must love one another. By this love you have for one another, everyone will know that you are my disciples.’

Prayer:

Saint Mary Magdalene, pray for us…

You, who carried the alabaster jar of perfume, pray for us.

You, who from dark clay became purest crystal, pray for us.

Diamond, passing from the dust to the light, pray for us.

Transformed into a vessel of glory, pray for us.

Sparkling pearl, pray for us.

Blazing Torch for the whole world, pray for us.

Apostle to the Apostles, pray for us.

Sweet Advocate of Penitents, pray for us.

Amen,

May God Bless Always, Women of Faith and Hope,

Photo, Written and created by My Mother Rose.

1 comment:

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...