Saturday 26 June 2021

Day 6 of Novena to Saint Mary Magdalene-

 



Day 6 of Novena to Saint Mary Magdalene-

Mary’s Unconditional Love:

Jeremiah 31:3 The LORD has appeared to him from afar; I have loved you with an everlasting love, so I am constant in my affection for you.

Reflection:

I believe one of the bravest things anyone can do is love someone unconditionally without expecting anything in return. I am guilty of expecting things in return, and this is probably because I am jealous and envious. However, I want to be honest and speak with truth in my heart, love terrifies me not only am I afraid of being hurt I am afraid of being the one who does the hurting. It appears love knows no limits; I am not sure what that means but it sounds cool.

I want to ask a question, have you ever met someone and felt as though you have loved them before like from a past life and there is this divine connection between the both of you? If so, that is great because I will always remember this quote from The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society book and movie, “Do you suppose it’s possible for us to already belong to someone before we’ve met them?” Juliet Ashton. I guess at some point of our lives we are called to love, we are asked to go on a journey or a very long and exhausting adventure to find the true meaning of love, the Holy of Holies, God’s love and when it is found we are to put that love into action or share that love with ourselves, our families, our friends, our brothers and sisters basically with all of God’s creations and creatures. But what holds us back? Are we  afraid of judgement and rejection? Writing that question I hear God saying 'don't push the boundaries we have been there before, in my time Katie we will approach with peace and gentleness.'

Our Divine Lord found in Mary’s heart a kind of angelic love that gives us all a glimpse of a life in heaven.  Mary was continuously judged by others and at one time or another we most likely have judged her but here is a woman who honored who she was, and Christ understood her. Jesus saw Mary as a beautiful soul who could understand far more than any other because she had learnt the true meaning and the secret to love.

Now, Mary Magdalene probably did not know how her love was called upon to repair the Pharisee’s neglect of Christ and again it was called upon to repair a wound far more painful to the heart of Jesus. Do we know what we are called to do? Are we called upon to repair a broken heart or someone who has been neglected? It is hard to love someone who ignores and can be very rude, it can hurt and sometimes it breaks my heart, it is possible I have said yes to God and have accepted my mission. My mission of unconditional love.

Prayer:

Saint Mary Magdalene, pray for us…

You, who carried the alabaster jar of perfume, pray for us.

You, who from dark clay became purest crystal, pray for us.

Diamond, passing from the dust to the light, pray for us.

Transformed into a vessel of glory, pray for us.

Sparkling pearl, pray for us.

Blazing Torch for the whole world, pray for us.

Apostle to the Apostles, pray for us.

Sweet Advocate of Penitents, pray for us.

Amen,

May God Bless Always, Women of Faith and Hope.

Written, photo and created by My Mother Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...