Wednesday 23 June 2021

Day 5 of Novena to Saint Mary Magdalene-


 

The Saint who loves much:

John 13:34-35 I give you a new commandment: love one another; just as I have loved you, you also must love one another. By this love you have for one another, everyone will know that you are my disciples.

Reflection:

1 Samuel 12:16 Stand here, then, and watch the great wonder the LORD will do before your eyes.

I set out with a new intention in the way I approached mass and the altar I arrived and kneeled, announcing to Jesus; “I am here.”  I sat back and started to read some of my book, and I heard ‘Fervent Love,’ I offer to anyone who meets me my faith, hopes and my fervent love a love which prevails through many disappointments and heartbreaks. I never give up though on my passion or enthusiasm for a life lived with our Lord Jesus Christ which allows me to distinguish between what is right and wrong, what a person needs and seeks from God and what I believe most of all is a person needs love, compassion, shelter, comfort, understanding and healing. However, I am treated like the enemy, a monster or Barabbas who had been thrown into prison for insurrection and murder. Lately, well for a long time now God wants to give me the gift of Love, love for myself, love for my family and love for others who are my neighbors, my brothers, and sisters.

I am reminded of proverbs 10:12 Hatred provokes disputes, love covers over all offences. I am not going to lie, I have hated before, but I do not want hate to rule my life or the lives of anyone what I pray is for love to win, after all love triumphs over hatred and yes it did, a man gave his life for me and for you so that we may be given a light that shines bright during our darkness. I am not your enemy, I am not a monster, and I am not Barabbas, I am a woman and a mother who is trying her best to be obedient to love like brothers and sisters in sincerity, I want to let love, love for each one of us to be real and from the heart- our new lives in Christ did not come from a mortal seed but from the everlasting word of the living and eternal God.  I love you and I always will, I want you to be happy, you do not deserve to be unhappy, or miserable because all flesh is grass and its glory like the wildflower’s. The grass withers, the flower falls, but the word of the lord remains forever. What is this word? It is the Good News, that has been brought to you. My dear brothers and sisters this is love and let us not forget that 1 Peter 22-25.

Like Saint Mary Magdalene let your love grow and grow in a radical but beautiful way this may outrage some, but it does not matter love anyway. Let me finish by sharing from the book Saint Mary Magdalene Prophetess of Eucharistic Love by Fr. Sean Davidson Ignatius, “In one way the rose has ceased to live and will soon fade away, but it has been chosen to serve the noblest of all purposes. Blessed is the rose uprooted from the world with all of its vanities to become a bride of Christ. This is the kind of radical self-sacrificial love that the example of Mary Magdalene and the praise of Christ himself are still calling us too today.”

Prayer:

Saint Mary Magdalene, pray for us…

You, who carried the alabaster jar of perfume, pray for us.

You, who from dark clay became purest crystal, pray for us.

Diamond, passing from the dust to the light, pray for us.

Transformed into a vessel of glory, pray for us.

Sparkling pearl, pray for us.

Blazing Torch for the whole world, pray for us.

Apostle to the Apostles, pray for us.

Sweet Advocate of Penitents, pray for us.

Amen,

May God Bless Always, Women of Faith and Hope.

Written, Photo and Created by My Mother Rose.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...