Tuesday 20 October 2020

I love you!

I love you!

What if the answer to all our problems, to all our pain, to all the hurt was to hear, ‘I love you! I honestly and truly love you, with all my heart, mind and soul?’

Mark 7:6-8, He answered, ‘It was of you hypocrites that Isaiah so rightly prophesied in this passage of scripture:

This people honor me only with lip service,

While their hearts are far from me.

The worship they offer me is worthless,

The doctrines they teach are only human regulations.

You put aside the commandment of God to cling to human traditions.’

What is a commandment?

A commandment is the act or power of commanding. It’s a divine rule to be observed especially the ten commandments.

1 John 3:23-24, His commandments are these; that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and that we love one another as he told us to. Whoever keeps his commandments lives in God and God lives in him. We know that he lives in us by the Spirit that he has given us.

Women of Faith and Hope, I have some homework for you all. Can I ask if you all can read 1John, 2 John and 3 John. All I ask is for you to make some time and read it, sit with it for a while and allow the spirit to talk to you.

2John 6, To love is to live according to his commandments; this is the commandment which you have heard since the beginning, to live a life of love.

Let us begin, if we want to see change in the world, we need to begin to see that change in our own homes, families, friends, neighbors, those who are nearest to us. Mother Teresa says; “Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time and always start with the person nearest you.” We alone, Women of Faith and hope, cannot change the world, we can though throw stones across the water to create many ripples, like a dominos affect. One at a time.

Women of Faith and Hope, our children are watching, they imitate our behavior, actions and attitudes. If we can observe the laws, the ten commandments, then let us observe our own lives we live and make the necessary changes because that is one step closer in making this world a better place. You might say, “I owe no one anything,” you probably don’t owe anyone anything, except to love each other as he has loved us.

1 John 4:19, We are to love, then, because he loves us first.

Have you heard the expression; ‘Love hurts.’ Well it’s not supposed to, yes, it hurts when we are rejected, excluded, ignored, never acknowledged and painfully it can hurt physically, mentally and emotionally but these things I have listed, aren’t love. Dear old love is the only thing that can take away all the pain, all the hurt and suffering. Love is patient and kind it is comfort and protection. Love is the only thing that can save us and has saved us, remember God shows his love upon the cross and if you don’t believe me, then gaze, look, open your eyes and see for yourself  the crucifix, your rosary beads, the tabernacle and the cross that is way up high for all to see.

1 John 4:9-10 God’s love for us was revealed when God sent into the world his only Son so that we could have life through him, this is the love I mean, not our love for God, but God’s love for us when he sent his Son to be the sacrifice that takes our sins away.

My dear people, Women of Faith and Hope, God reveals through his son, his greatest command.

“Love God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the greatest and the first commandment. The second resembles it. You must love your neighbor as yourself.

Matthew 22:34-40

I know most of us act and aspire to live out the ten commandments but why can’t others? Especially, other Christians, priests, leaders of the Church, why can’t they act and aspire to live out these commandments? Are they above the law? Is there a law or commandment greater than love? Does your love for God resemble your love for your neighbor?

Of course, no one is perfect but if you are going to lead people to God, if you are going to teach people about God, then you should try to know the love of God, imitate the love of God, pray and ask for the grace and gift of love. Our love for our neighbor should be like our love for God. With all our heart, with all our soul and with all our mind.

1 John 4:7-8, My dear people, let us love one another since love comes from God and everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. Anyone who fails to love can never have known God because God is love.

I have witnessed someone, preaching the word of God, giving inspiring and encouraging homilies and then acting in a way that never represents the truth, the word of God and the love for their neighbor. They might love God, but they don’t love their Sister or brother in Christ, maybe I catch them on a bad day but seems, I catch them on a bad day all the time, a bad week, a bad month or a bad year.  I want to write how angry it makes me feel but I want to somehow correct them and say, it’s not ok, and it must stop, it’s enough. I don’t deserve it, you can’t love God and hate your sister or brother, ignoring me, rejecting me and excluding me does not resemble the love we are meant to have for God or each other. Writing this, will never make a difference, they will come up with some excuse or prove how it is ok to treat someone that way because God says so, well I am saying it is not ok and it’s not love. Yes, my love is ready to overlook all the Offenses that have been made; and to forgive the pain  that has been caused to a child of God’s. Maybe the reason why it hurts so much and confuses me is because I love them, my love for them resembles the love I have for God, with all my heart, mind and soul. I am not asking for anything, they don’t owe me anything, except for them to know the love of God, to love God with all their heart, mind and soul and to love their neighbor as themselves. Partly, it’s because of them, God has given me the grace to love again, to trust in love and to know the greatest command.

‘Love’

And for that, I am so thankful and grateful.

1John 3:1-2, Think of the love that the Father has lavished on us, by letting us be called God’s children; and that is what we are. Because the world refused to acknowledge him, therefore it does not acknowledge us.

So, go ahead, say you love, you know Jesus Christ, you have knowledge and understanding. Continue to be rude and ignorant. Maybe it’s me, I am scared and fearful and I don’t understand your love for me or God’s love or my love for God. No, that can’t be it.  Love shouldn’t hurt, Love is supposed to be peaceful and joyful.

1 John 4:18, In love there can be no fear, but fear is driven out by perfect love: because to fear is to expect punishment, and anyone who is afraid is still imperfect in love.

Let me finish with the following:

Women of Faith and Hope, our hearts seek the Lord and rejoice. He is our Lord and strength, constantly seek his face, seek him out. God is ever living, Almighty and we ask him in prayer to increase our faith, hope and charity and help us to love what is commanded of us.

If they are harsh, cry out to the Lord, and he shall hear your cry, his anger will flare.

We love you Lord, for you are our strength, savior, shield and mighty help, you are the rock where we can take shelter and take refuge.

 God you have saved us with an everlasting love, in return we shall praise your name.

Love him, Women of Faith and Hope, keep his words and our Father will love us and come to us.

John 14:23,

If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make our home with him.

 

May God Bless Always, Women of Faith and Hope.

Written and created by My Mother Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...