Tuesday 15 September 2020

A Generous Heart.


 

God loves generous souls.

Let us try to be the generous ones.

Saint Mary of the cross Mackillop.

In the words of my daughter, “you get what you get and you don’t get upset.”

Freely, I give to you, Women of Faith and Hope. Because what I received was free and why wouldn’t I want to give the gift of God and his love to you all. There is not a day goes by that I am not trying to give freely and wholeheartedly to our Lord. Now, I have many stories of how unfair life can be and how I have reacted to each one but who wants a sob story? Work hard all day, sweating, bleeding and some tears along the way and along comes more workers who have done one hours work, gets treated the same and payed the same. How unfair? Life is unfair especially if we allow ourselves to be deluded in believing it can be fair but then on the other hand life can be fair, it’s just that there is a lot of unfair people in the world. Sometimes, I am grateful and find it to be a good thing or a blessing that some things didn’t work out in life.

The more I grow in faith, the more I seek God, call on him, the more opened and honest I am with God in prayer, and conservation, the more I come to understand, being fair does not mean we will all get the same, fairness means everyone gets what they need. What I need and what you need may be very different. So let us accept that life is hard and can be unfair at times but to remember, in the end it will work out and we will become what we were meant to be.

I do believe deep down in my core, that we shall see the Lord’s goodness in the land of the living. I do have hope. Women of Faith and Hope, stand firm, take heart and have hope in the Lord, for our God, our Heavenly Father and King has revealed through the death of Jesus Christ on the cross and resurrection in the Holy Spirit, his love, kindness and compassion for all his creation. His ways are above our ways and somehow we forget but there are many stories to remind us of how deeply loved we are by God and that there is no need to be envious at the good fortune of others, but instead we should be thankful, grateful, we should praise and rejoice for there is more happiness in giving than in receiving. Acts 20:35. By, giving freely to you all Women of Faith and Hope, I show you what I have accepted in what I profess from the Gospel of Christ, which offering this generous gift, we give glory to God. A blessing awaits, Women of Faith and Hope, may we keep on giving, being generous and sharing without grumbling. Gospel for this week, Matthew 20:1-16. ‘Thus the last will be first, and the first, last.’

Luke 6:36-38,

 be compassionate as your Father is compassionate. Do not judge and you will not be judged yourselves; do not condemn, and you will not be condemned yourselves; grant pardon, and you will be pardoned. Give, and there will be gifts for you: a full measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, will be poured into your lap; because the amount you measure out is the amount you will be given back.

 

May God Bless Always, Women of Faith and Hope

Written and created by My Mother Rose.

3 comments:

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...