Thursday 2 June 2022

A Prayer From the Heart.

 


Prayer From the Heart

Women of Faith and Hope, I take this from the Catechism of The Catholic Church (CCS, 777), “The word “Church” means convocation.” It designates the assembly of those whom God’s Word “convokes.” i.e., gathers together to form the People of God, and who themselves, nourished with the Body of Christ, become the Body of Christ.”

Church is an assembly of people or the whole universal community of believers who God calls together from all walks of life.  Today is Pentecost and it marks the birth of the Church, which is primarily born of Christ’s crucifixion, from the pierced heart of Christ hanging on the cross. On Monday it was my daughter’s birthday, and there were some questions such as what happened on the day I was born? How did you feel mum? I thought of how much love I felt and that my love for my daughter will never end.  

None of us are perfect but as we gather and assemble in “Church” we keep and uphold the unity which is a gift from God because we are called to maintain unity not to create unity meaning we should not be the one to cause division but rather live in peace and harmony with each other. Maybe a great sign of living in communion with God is to stay united like a new mother and her baby and to allow The Holy Spirit to teach us everything. We may be different, but we are separate parts adding our own strengths to a body that should be built up in love and in communion, not hate or division. So, what is it about? I think we all know, it’s about love, the love God has poured out for us all through the Spirit of God who dwells within us and in our hearts. As Brides do we respond with the gift of love a gift given by the bridegroom? So, today I think of the never-ending love God has for me, my family, friends, for all of you Women of Faith and Hope and the never-ending love I have for God.

Let me leave you with this from the Catechism of The Catholic Church (CCS, 779), The Church is both visible and spiritual, a hierarchical society and the Mystical Body of Christ. She is one, yet formed of two components, human and divine. That is her mystery, which only faith can accept.

 May God Bless Always,

Women of Faith and Hope

Written and created by My Mother Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...