Friday 6 November 2020

Gifts.


 We are one body in this one Lord for all. Yes, we are made up of different parts, with different gifts and that is ok. I don’t think the body could function if we were all the same part, with the same gifts. To use my gifts within the church is very and near to impossible, it’s not that I don’t have the time or don’t want to. It’s because every time I offer my strengths, gifts and talents, I am ignored, dismissed and overlooked and quite frankly and honestly, I have chosen to walk away because a new door is being held opened for me. God’s gift to us, is our talents and what we do with our talent is a gift back to God. God is the only one with power to choose who gets what gifts in life and it’s up to us to accept the gift and use it fairly, wisely and freely.

I know I am a part of the body of Christ, we all are, everyone of God’s creations is a part and belongs to the body of Christ, sometimes it feels like, I never quite fit in with the rest and I am a part of the body that somehow, needs to be thrown out. If I don’t understand the vision or the mission of the Parish, then they become eager for you to leave and they never expect or want you to return.

Nearly every day, I am so thankful and grateful for Women of Faith and Hope. I couldn’t do it though without the many gifts God has poured out over me and I pray for all of you, Women of Faith and Hope, I truly do.

I want to share a little story:

Someone asked if anyone from the class of 2000, would be interested in sharing a video of our greatest memories of grade twelve, our senior year, I found this quote; “Gratitude is the memory of the heart.” Author Unknown, for me, grade twelve was all about revealing our true selves, allowing our peers to have a glimpse of who we were going to be in life and what we dreamt and always wanted to be. Now, I was never popular, and I am sure not many would know of me, but I was there, I graduated in the year 2000 alongside 200 or more students.

Recently, I had to have a discussion with my son who is seven and teach him a hard lesson, one we all must learn about. People aren’t going to like us in life and it’s going to hurt terribly, but you can’t let that stop you from being who you are and who you are supposed to be. Life can sometimes resemble high school. It can be competitive, hard, awesome, boring, fun and full of memories, memories we can look back on and be grateful for. I know I am grateful for the friends I have made, the examples of kindness, compassion and love and the amazing lessons I have learnt.

I pray and hope each one of us, finds a path that leads to our passion in life, Leads us to put our faith into action, leads us to use the talents that God gave us as a gift to use because it’s more than just words, it’s putting the word of God into action and living them daily. Mass is a place we can profess our faith, bring our talents and be free, free to be who we are meant to be, free to be who God needs us to be. There is nothing I want, and I know I am guided along the right path, it’s just a matter of finding the right place to be free in. After all it’s between me and God, not anyone else and God.  

 May God Bless Always, Women of Faith and Hope

Written and crated by My Mother Rose.

 

 

1 comment:

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...