Wednesday 25 November 2020

My Hope for this Christmas.


 

“Look for Christ Our Lord in everyone and you will then have respect and reverence for all.” Saint Teresa of Jesus.

This Christmas season, I hope to see God in others. I want to see with the eyes of a Saint, even through a Saint’s eyes, I hope to see Christ. Last month, I shared the song ‘Mary Did You Know,’ by Dolly Parton and the part in the song where she sings, “He walks where Angels trod,” stood out for me and it means  to lead a way of sanctity, to be a saint. To be able to serve and give to the poor, the hungry, the thirsty, those persecuted, the neglected, the marginalized and to those in need and want of love, I need to see with the eyes of my heavenly Father. Sometimes, it might feel as though my eyes could be fooled but to fool my heart, think again. I truly believe, it’s with our hearts that we can see rightly and that is why I would like to see God in others, especially other Christians, disciples, followers of Jesus Christ. Are we acting out our belief? Do our actions match what we proclaim? We have all heard the expression “Actions speak louder than words.”

This is something else I hope for, for our actions to speak louder this Christmas, we can talk about God always but it’s about putting our love for God, God’s love for us into action, being charitable, helpful, supportive, and encouraging. Bringing the gift of Hope, Peace, Joy, Love and Faith to someone, reminding them that there is something and someone to believe in, to trust.

Women of Faith and Hope,

this is my hope for this Christmas Season, to see Christ in everyone, everything and in every way and after I want to speak about it, to tell you more Good News.

May God Bless Always, Women of Faith and Hope.

Written and created by My Mother Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...