Saturday 5 August 2023

Her Purpose.


 Novena Day Three, Her Purpose.

We begin with one Our Father, One Hail Mary and One Glory Be to God.

“In my confession, I explained how salvation was granted to me through the sincere tears that my mother poured out on my behalf each day.” St. Augustine’s Affirmation.

How has the grace of God triumphed in your life?

I love Saint Augustine’s affirmation it sums up perfectly Saint Monica’s purpose and mission in seeing her son convert and become a disciple of the Lord. Saint Monica had many visions and dreams where she saw Saint Augustine’s conversion and where he would come to understand more fully that the complete truth comes from God. One account recorded was when Saint Monica had a vision of Saint Augustine standing on the rule of faith and no longer, seeking a wife or any worldly hope. Her prayers, sacrifices and hard work paid off, she had converted him to herself and God.

How does her purpose help us today?

As a little girl and even as an adult I could always imagine my family and our life together. This morning I sat and watched my son basking in the sun, having fun with sticks, dirt and rocks and I wondered what he imagines and sees in his future. So, I asked and according to Anthony he is going to change the world somehow and all he knows is this good thing is going to be something good for everyone and faith will help him decide. I am glad he sees that because it brings some peace to my heart, for right now my visions are a little blurred and I cannot see clearly with my faith.

I must admit, I was worried, concerned and it brought pain to my heart that my children weren't interested in attending church or following in my footsteps but as I continue to read about Saint Monica’s life and her powerful love for her children, her family and those she serves I understand her purpose to save her lost son, her children and bring them back to God. Even as I am writing, I am thinking about my own journey and how I can lose hope and sight of my own faith in God.

Saint Monica saw clearly; she dedicated her life to prayer for her children to follow Christ. According to Pope Benedict XVI “Saint Monica was not only his mother, but the source of his Christianity.” Her spiritual travail of prayers and tears saw him embrace the faith, receive Baptism, and dedicate himself to the service of Christ. Her example, her purpose lives on in many hearts.

Let us pray:

Saint Monica, we pray for your guidance and help to become more dedicated to prayer. May our hearts be opened to receive blessings and grace from God. Amen.

May God Bless Always, Faith, Hope and Love by My Mother Rose.

Written and created by Katie Robinson.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...