Saturday 12 August 2023

Her Endurance.

 


Novena Day Four, Her Endurance.

We begin with one Our Father, One Hail Mary and One Glory Be to God.

This morning I got up early to watch Mass for You at Home on channel Ten, but Hour of Power was still on and somehow the person who was talking reminded me of what effective prayer is “Ask, and it will be given to you, search and you will find, knock and the door will be opened to you. For the one who asks always receives, the one who searches always finds, the one who knocks will always have the door opened to him” Matthew 7:7-8.

In that moment, I couldn’t help but think of all the times I have asked, searched but then haven’t knocked on the door except for one situation in my life where I asked, I searched and found a door that was opened to me but after entering there was hate, pain, hurt, rejection and loss. The way I see it, or my perspective is someday God is going to give me another opportunity to open a new door and after entering I am going to experience love, a love so powerful it moves mountains. Somehow, I need to believe in that and believe that God gives good things to those who ask him.

How do we keep going while waiting for God to answer our prayers?

Are we impatient?

Do we struggle or give up?

Waiting on God to answer any prayer is mentally agonizing. You wonder if God cares or can really hear you or is he truly listening because waiting is difficult, overwhelming, and sometimes painful especially if what you pray for like a job goes to somebody else or the guy you like starts dating somebody else or moves away.

How can we be prepared for when God opens the door for us?

How can I be ready to receive the greatest gift of all ‘LOVE!’

Therefore, we can say that it is endurance. For endurance is having the ability to endure pain, suffering in any difficult situation you may be in. Saint Monica’s endurance proves through discomfort, agony and many hardships things work out and get a whole lot better. Her prayer life, her purpose to convert her children, her husband and many more she served is an example of her endurance. Saint Monica endured so much, especially in her marriage, her relationship with her mother-in-law and her servants and despite it all Saint Monica had the courage to keep going and endure and so can we Faith, Hope and Love by My Mother Rose.

Here is a little encouragement for us instead of a prayer but we should ask Saint Monica to pray for us. “Be resilient to overcome the obstacles in life, keep going remember that life is a journey. It’s an experience and God will always put us back on the right track and on the right train of life.” Author Katie Robinson.

May God Bless Always, Faith, Hope and Love by My Mother Rose.

Written and created by Katie Robinson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...