Thursday 24 August 2023

Her Last Words to Saint Augustine.

 

Novena Day Eight, Her Last Words to Saint Augustine.

We begin with one Our Father, One Hail Mary and One Glory Be to God.

“For my part, my son, I find pleasure no longer in anything this life holds. What I am doing here still, or why I tarry, I do not know, for all worldly hope has withered away for me. One thing only there was for which I desired to linger a while in this life: to see you a Catholic Christian before I died. And this my God has granted to me more lavishly than I could have hope., letting me see you even spurning earthly happiness to be his servant. What now keeps me here?”

I am not overly proud of my last words sometimes they have been said out of anger, frustration and straight away I regret those words I have spoken because I know that I can never take them back. There are last words I speak that can be uplifting, inspiring, and there are last words I speak that come from a heart that loves. Last words are so significant and important they hold so much meaning like when you say, “take care,” it is saying that you wish and hope the best for that person. It can also be a type of sentiment such as kindness and love.

“Your words have the power to hurt, to heal, open minds, open hearts and change the world. Never forget the responsibility you have over the words you speak.” Author Steven Aitchison.

Let us Pray:

Saint Monica, we pray today that God can grant us with kindness and love in our hearts and on our tongues. May we be blessed with gentle words that bring us a good life and great health. Amen.

May God Bless Always, Faith, Hope and Love by My Mother Rose.

Written and created by Katie Robinson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...