Sunday 24 April 2022

Prayer is a Battle


 

Prayer is a battle.

'It's a battle of our minds, our hearts, our will and the will of God's.'

Are we distracted? I would say yes all the time.

Do we lack faith? Yes, I lack faith at times.

Can we trust God? I would say not all the time because why should I?

Do we complain? Yes, I complain when I do not receive what I have asked for.

However, here is a great reminder from Saint Augustine.

“Do not be troubled if you do not immediately receive from God what you ask him; for he desires to do something even greater for you, while you cling to him in prayer. God wills that our desire should be exercised in prayer, that we may be able to receive what he is prepared to give.”

Women of Faith and Hope, we are all led by God on our paths and each one of us responds in different ways according to the responsiveness of our hearts. There are three major expressions of prayer, one being vocal prayer which is saying the ‘Our Father.’ Two being meditation, meditation is where our mind and heart seek to understand and discern what stirs us inside. Also, meditation is engaging with our thoughts, imaginations, emotions and desires. Lastly, there is contemplative prayer and in the words of Saint Teresa of Avila, “contemplative prayer in my opinion is nothing else than a close sharing between friends. It means take time frequently to be alone with him who we know loves us.” To sum up contemplative prayer is making the time for God, not giving up, it is a gaze of faith fixed on Jesus, “I look at him and he looks at me.” It is a silent and intimate love.

I will share some links that may assist us in praying especially the Lectio Divina.

A-Way-to-Pray-Personally.pdf (carmelite.com)

The Way of Prayer - Carmelite Spirit

Pray With St Thérèse of Lisieux - Carmelite Spirit

Catholic Australia - Lectio Divina

 

May you find peace with Prayer this month Women of Faith and Hope.

God Bless You Always.

Written by My Mother Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...