Friday 1 April 2022

A Lenten Journey 2022

 



A Lenten Journey 2022

Do you know I have never had my feet washed at a last supper mass? Not that I would want anyone to touch my feet because they are ticklish but I would happily wash feet though because we are to follow his example. John 13:15, I have given you an example so that you may copy what I have done to you.

Recently, I heard I am no great loss to the Parish meaning if I leave, I am not going to be missed or I am easily forgotten about and sadly I agreed. I’m not looking for pity but maybe to say enough is enough. You see through the week I was reminded that everyone should be valued, cared for, and included. I guess that is why I don't attend as much as I used to because I am never appreciated or accepted and my gifts and talents are always underestimated. So, it's possible as my back is turned stones are thrown my way but the good news is Jesus kneels in front of me, he kneels in front of you. John 8:1-11, 'If there is one of you who has not sinned, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.' Then he bent down and wrote on the ground again. I wonder what Jesus was writing on the ground? There are many possible answers to that question or maybe it was tactic to scare people away because he knows all that we do. 

I want to share a verse from John 19:25-27, Near the cross of Jesus stood his mother and his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary of Magdala. Seeing his mother and the disciple he loved standing near her, Jesus said to his mother, ‘Woman, this is your son. Then to the disciple he said, this is your mother.’ And from that moment the disciple made a place for her in his home.

Usually in some versions we hear ‘Woman behold your son meaning Mary see your son.’ what if God is asking us to behold one another? Behold meaning we see or gaze at someone or something with a special type of nature. I look around and I see each of us as special and a unique child who was created by the Father our Lord Jesus Christ. If Jesus asks us this Good Friday to behold someone, will you? Will you make a place for them in your heart, in your home?

You could say my role as a disciple is to be the outsider and to observe and watch people come and go, give their lives, their time for what? To only be treated poorly and unfairly. This Lenten Journey has taught me not to deny Jesus any longer but to return and kneel at his feet, to be with him as they crucify and drive nails into his hands and feet.

Think about this for a minute God’s ultimate plan for man and woman was to transform our lives physically and spiritually into the image of himself. Ever since the beginning he chose us, we are the ones to become true images of our Brother Jesus Christ. Sadly, sin happened, and it has never stopped.

I can’t help feeling embarrassed and disappointed because the house you sit in, pray in, worship in is God’s house, it’s my house, it’s your house and it’s our house but we don’t treat it that way. We treat each other as though there is no room in the inn but to be honest I would prefer to stay in the stable where our sweet baby Jesus lays. 

Colossians 3:12-15

You are God’s chosen race, his saints, he loves you, and you should be clothed in sincere compassion, in kindness and humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with one another, forgive each other as soon as a quarrel begins, The Lord has forgiven you; now you must do the same. Over all these clothes, to keep them together and complete them, put on love. And may the peace of Christ reign in your hearts because it for this that you were called together as parts of one body, always be thankful.

May God Bless Always, Women of Faith and Hope.

Written and created by My Mother Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...