Wednesday 15 July 2020

Wheat among the Weeds.


“Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seed. You grow flowers. Or you can grow weeds.” Author Unknown.

I have to admit, I have never been a patient woman, when it comes to discerning the time I need to take, so I can co-exist with some people and situations that make me feel uncomfortable, make me feel like I am not enough or worthy, People who are somewhat of a challenge, ignorant, rude, arrogant. For three years, I stayed in a situation, that I hated and I had to convince myself, I was there for God, to give my children the same experiences, growing up in the church, and I would miss out on catching up with friends I had made but there was one person who challenged, discouraged and I have tried to love them and seen them for who they are and what they mean to me, I pray to God for the gift of love, towards this person, and I feel so guilty and ashamed to call myself a Woman of Faith and Hope, but this one person, really challenges me and I feel it was and is a love/ hate co-existence.  Once, this person said, “You hate me, I know you do.” I said, “No, I don’t.” But I did. I was thinking back on this memory the other day and instead of lying, I should have said, “I don’t hate you, I don’t like who you have become, I don’t like your behavior, attitude and actions, the way you treat and make people feel, is not ok and I don’t understand you.  I want to love you and I want to co-exist with you in this world, living in peace, sharing the Good News, working with God and his plan for the world and us.

Is there someone in your life who challenges you?

Is there a situation in your life that you would like to be free from?

Sometimes, the most difficult and challenging situations can lead us to overcome the negativity and grow in peace, strength. It took me ten years to leave a workplace that often challenged me. Those, challenges helped me to discover who I was, and who I had to become. Somehow, God knew my faith was strong enough to get me through each challenge.  I think sometimes, we know when it is time to walk away and open that new door, enter our new lives, it doesn’t mean we will never have challenges or cross paths or see that person. It means, we take the time, for discernment, where prayer and action meet and we grow into women of Faith and Hope, mothers of Faith and Hope, sisters of Faith and Hope. This week we reflect on the Wheat among the Weeds. Weeds are challenging, I hate weeds and they can be so hard to pull out, so I get Matt to spray them and they die off. What is darnel? I couldn’t help myself; I had to look it up. “Darnel grows in the same production zones as wheat and was a serious weed of cultivation until modern sorting machinery enabled darnel seeds to be separated efficiently from seed wheat.” That’s good news. I truly believe though, Jesus is talking about the wheat being the good seed and darnel being the weed which is sowed among the good seeds and we are the good seeds, Women of Faith and Hope.

So as good seeds, how do we co-exist with the darnel being the weed, meaning the one who challenges me or the one who challenges you? What is Jesus asking of us?

I challenge myself every day to see Jesus in everyone I meet, everyone I see, I do struggle, and I find it hard. In a world so cruel, broken, it pays though to be kind, loving, and compassionate and to have faith not fear. As hard as it is, I find myself expecting too much and expect for the person to change, grow and be someone, they’re not.  It can be tricky, I think if we can be honest, or in a polite way, remove ourselves from the situation or away from the person, not meaning to be rude, silent or even distant. Meaning enough time to process and to respect each other’s boundaries. We can’t make someone change or grow, we are not the just and merciful judge, God is and it’s our mission as disciples, Women of Faith and Hope, to pray and to go to the Spirit who will help us, after all God knows everything in our hearts. I truly do believe people come into our lives for a reason, to teach us a lesson, to shake us to our core, to awaken our spiritual hunger and thirst for truth, love, and light or to reflect something we should not be. All our experiences, situations, the people who come and go from our lives, help us grow. We grow in experiences which are great ways to build our character, if we’re growing; we’re always going to be out of comfort zone. Growth and comfort do not co-exist.

To leave you with this thought, we are not alone in this world, as wheat amongst the weeds, we stand strong and firm, holding on to hope and the love of God. We pray with all our might and with faith in new beginnings. “Our chains have gone, and we are set free. Our savior has come with unending love his mercy reins.” Amazing grace, my chains are gone, Chris Tomlin.

‘We’re the fullest when we’re a tool that helps others grow.” Author Unknown.

May God Bless Always, Women of Faith and Hope.

Written and created by My Mother Rose. 💚💜🙏🌺


No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...