Wednesday 22 July 2020

Treasure Found.


“All the way to heaven is heaven because Jesus said; “I am the way.” Saint Catherine of Sienna

I possess two incredible gifts in this life, my son and my daughter; I now possess one other incredible treasure and gift in this life.

‘JESUS’

We have heard the command, ‘love one another.’ In life, the world is going to hate us, remember though, the world hated Jesus first. On my journey, I have come to understand, if we truly belong to the world, the world would love us as its own. We don’t belong to the world; Jesus chose to withdraw us from the world therefore the world will hate us. As we ponder and walk through life, may we not forget his words, may we keep them in our hearts, as disciples, servants of God, we are not greater than our Lord, God. If they persecuted Jesus, excluded Jesus, rejected Jesus, they will persecute, exclude and reject us too. Luke 23:28, Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep rather for yourselves and for your children.

I have been reading, Message of Bernadette by Vernon Johnson and Donal Foley. In the book, under the title More than friendship, it says; Listen to St Paul; “I have been crucified with Christ, and I live now not with my own life but with the life of Christ who lives in me.” Galatians 2:19-21. Could anything be more beautiful?

After, we have found Jesus, our most wonderful treasure in life; we slowly and gradually come to know the depths of the love of God, when we are nailed to the cross, to our pain, suffering, sickness, tiredness. We become one with him, so that he lives in us, loves in us and suffers in us. If we accept suffering with Christ, we become the most powerful instrument for helping the souls of others, and we are drawn into the mystery of our saviour’s passion. Our faith will revive and a supernatural hope will lift us above all our pain.  

I have been selfish and neglectful in my prayers, in my thoughts. I see Jesus sitting on a stool disappointed, hurt, which only makes me disappointed and embarrassed, to allow him to sit alone, suffering. As strange as it may seem, disappointment is something which, has been filtered through God’s sovereign fingers of love. Testing my faith, I cannot consider it all joy, James 1:2-4, My brothers and sister’s, you will always have your trials but, when they come, try and treat them as a happy privilege; you understand that your faith is only put to the test to make you patient, but patience too is to have its practical results so that you will become fully-developed, complete with nothing missing.

I searched and so badly wanted to find, Jesus, and I guess I had to dig a little deeper to know, he was available to me every Sunday, in every bookstore, motel/hotel I stayed in, my home growing up, my grandparents’ home, my great Aunties home, he wasn’t hidden from me at all, he was waiting with a message,  the mystery is Christ among us, our hope in his glory and this is the Christ we proclaim, the wisdom in which we are all thoroughly trained and have received instructions to make us all perfect in Christ. Colossians 1:27-28.

‘Our treasure is in God, Women of Faith and Hope, and we become, a new song.’ We don't need to sell all we have, it's finding Jesus, our greatest treasure, choosing to be good, to do right by others and to be a humble servant of God.

Matthew 6:21 for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

May God Bless Always, Women of Faith and Hope.

Photo, written and created by My Mother Rose.

1 comment:

  1. Very powerful - choosing to be good and do the right thing and being humbke - a definite reminder fir me.

    ReplyDelete

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...