Wednesday 8 July 2020

'The Sower.'


Romans 10:17 So faith comes from what is preached, and what is preached comes from the word of Christ.

Do we really listen to the Word of God at mass? Are our hearts opened and ready to understand? Which sower are you?

The first time, I was rostered on to do a Reading was at the Augustine Centre, at St Augustine’s College and I read the First Reading. As I was saying; A reading from the prophet Isaiah 55:10-11, Thus says the Lord: ‘As the rain and the snow come down from the heavens and do not return without watering the earth, making it yield and giving growth to provide seed for the sower and bread for the eating, outside and this is no lie, there was thunder and it poured down with rain, as I kept reading, I knew God was saying; “Katie, you are where I want you to be, reading the Word of God. “

In the readings and Gospel, for this week, I see a powerful teaching moment and there is a lesson being learnt.  My only hope is, for you all to sit back and Listen!

 I can honestly and proudly say; ‘I love the word of God.’ I love reading and listening to the word of God, God’s words encourage, inspire and motivate me to live out my purpose here on earth and to live my life in the light of God. “In the scriptures we meet Christ, who is the very living Word of God.” Author Unknown. The word of God is where,  my teacher, guide, spiritual director, connects with me, and helps me to produce great fruits and I am helped by hearing the cries of my children, my family, my friends, those who enter on my journey, and my neighbors. However, as I was reading the readings and Gospel, my sister helped me and she reminded me, our parents and family members are our first teachers, role models of love, kindness, compassion, joy, peace and charity and they often allow God to be another role model, teacher for our lives. As a parent myself, I made the decision for God to be another role model, teacher, a light in my Children’s lives, that’s why both of them have been baptized, like my Mum, she baptized, my sister’s and I, when we were newborns and I needed to make that decision and every day I try my hardest to plant seeds of love, kindness, compassion, peace, joy, understanding and knowledge of God in their hearts and when I hear my daughter sing:  “God in my heart.” Or my son will ask me or tell me about God’s creation, they remind me, the reason why I invite God, the word of God into our lives and into our hearts.

Isn’t it astonishing, that people are still living their lives by the word of God today and it’s even more astonishing, horrific, that Jesus was crucified, brutally beat up for telling us; to love one another, love thy neighbor and to turn the other cheek.

It seems each week now, we have been led to this point, where the word of God becomes rest for our Faith, we are learning and growing in the word of God, which is alive and active, the word of God is Spirit and Life. One of my favorite verses from Isaiah 40:8 The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God remains forever.

The words of some people have hurt me, and my heart has been broken and I wanted to share and talk about all the horrible experiences, but if the Word of God, teaches me anything, I don’t want to,  because words do hurt and stay with you forever. But, what I have willing accepted is in life there are clues, and everyone I meet is a teacher, a role model and what I take from those teachers is you need to try and forgive, love, be kind, be gentle, be happy, be good to yourself, and to others, especially those who hurt you and break your heart. Recently, I found some powerful words in Psalm 61; “What he wants is mercy, not sacrifice.” These words, I keep in my heart as a reminder.

Women of Faith and Hope may the word of God, comfort you, heal you, and free your soul.

Luke 11:28 But he replied, “still happier those who hear the word of God and keep it!”

May God Bless Always

Written and created by My Mother Rose.


No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...