Wednesday 24 June 2020

Our New Lives In Christ!




Well, this week, I made a huge decision and I had to close a door to my past but by closing that door, I have opened a new door to my future, I have cried and cried, I have taken a deep breath and have taken my first step through the door to my new life. I was stuck in old ways, that weren’t going to open new doors or create opportunities. So there, I was knocking at a door, where I was never recognized as an equal, respected for the Woman or Mother I am in Faith and Hope or the diverse culture I could bring, I was never given the time to be understood or respected spiritually, I was told it was my time to come back and be actively involved, yet no one was willing to engage or create opportunities to move forward into the future. I came to realize, some doors are better not walking through because they lead to nowhere and this is not pride or arrogance, it’s simply because for too long, I stood at the door knocking and while I was too focused on the closed door, new ones where being opened to me. You see, our teacher, God can open new doors, but we must be willing to enter ourselves, God has only our best interest at heart, so when a door closes or a new door is opened, it must mean God is saving us.
This week in the readings and Gospel, we are taking a hard look at ourselves as Faithful Christians, a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy people, who have been called out of the darkness and been brought to new life in the light. Alleluia!
Is your life an imitation of Jesus Christ? Do you accept your cross? If you do accept your cross, are you recognized as a holy person or are you accepting other’s as a holy person? If you accept your cross, are you not accepting new life? If you accept your cross, are you not willing to accept that one of your brothers or sisters in Christ might be sent by God?
To accept our cross, we are not only following Jesus Christ, we become Jesus Christ, we imitate Jesus, by living our new life, emptying ourselves to assume the condition of a slave, we accept this life humbly and yet to even accepting death, death on the cross.  If we accept our cross, then our tongues should acclaim; Jesus Christ as Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Who am I though? If I have accepted my cross, does that mean I need to lower myself and my expectations? Yes, it does, He comes, so we may have life and to live it to the full and if our lives in Christ means anything to you and if love can persuade at all or the spirit that we have in common or any tenderness and sympathy, then let us be united, let us combine, come together to serve God, serve his people, working together, side by side, as equals, recognizing each other’s strengths, gifts that can bring change, make a difference for the better, for the greater good.
Women of Faith and Hope, may we be welcoming to all who cross our path, or enters on our journey. May we accept one another, just as Christ accepts us James 2:34 and let us thank God for making Women of Faith and Hope and the world in the unique way he did, even though we are different, we are the same and are equal in Christ Jesus. No matter what, love God and have love for one another and in service, serve God and his people.
May God Bless Always Women of Faith and Hope,
Written and created by My Mother Rose.

1 comment:

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...