Friday 19 June 2020

A Mother's Pure Heart!


“Like mother, like Child.”
“Pure Women must mother the race. The hands of pure women must instruct our young, the hearts of pure women must set the rhythm and tempo for that creative Love out of which flows the future of the race.”
Matthew 5:8 Happy the pure in heart they shall see God.
First, I want to draw your attention to The Scourging, the second sorrowful mystery:
I prayed the Sorrowful mysteries and the second sorrowful mystery, I cried and cried. The fruit of the mystery is purity, as I prayed for the fruit of purity, there he was standing on the stairs, watching as Pilate released Barabbas, wishing to satisfy the crowd. Then he was taken to be scourged, his body covered with scars, bruised and bloody. Then he was delivered to be crucified on the cross, with nails in his hands, feet and a crown of thorns on his head.
I know the ways of the world; I also know the ways of the Lord. As I grow stronger, learn more, gain knowledge and understanding, my heart hurts. Do your hearts not burn within, when you hear the word of God, scripture. Psalm 50:8-9, Indeed you love truth in the heart, then in the secret of my heart teach me wisdom. O purify me, then I shall be clean, O wash me, I shall be whiter than snow. Being a mother is the most rewarding job, since the payment is pure love, as parents, women, men, devoted Catholics, Christians, or we walk this life in faith and hope, if we aspire to the grace of God, we must be pure, with a heart as innocent as children. Sometimes, I hold my children, while they settle and drift off to sleep, when I look down at my children, watching as their eyes gently close, I think, how lucky are they, to be so pure and innocent. Strangers to the ways of the world and as a Woman and Mother of Faith and Hope, it’s my chance and opportunity to teach, to share, to be an example of the ways of the Lord, Mary and  The Immaculate Heart of Mary, the immaculate heart, which will be our refuge, the way, a heart that will guide us to God. “My job is to inform not convince.” St Bernadette Soubirous.
The other night, I watched, The Star, about the donkey who knew that he was destined to pull or walk up front of the royal carriage and the donkey was right, he carried Mary our Mother to the stable, so she could give birth to the baby Jesus. I have watched it so many times but the thing I noticed, after pausing, was her eyes, sometimes the heart of a woman or man can be seen in their eyes, you see their pain, their scared, their suffering, their anxieties, their love, their lost souls, their lost memories, their confusion, their strength, their obedience, their exhaustion, I could keep going.
So, I have some questions;
Do you think it was easy for Mary to see her son being scourged, nailed to the cross and lifted up high?
Did you know the sword in the heart of Mary represents the pain of the virgin in witnessing the suffering of her son, Jesus?
As a mother, I ask myself every day, what if that was my son, my daughter? What would that do to my heart?
My heart has been pierced by a sword, not quite to the extent like Mary, but I know that it was pierced in a hurtful, rejectful and excluding way.  Women of Faith and Hope, I believe in and trust in Jesus, it’s up to us to be teachers, and to teach the young the true meaning and values of the Gospel by preparing a life for a God who is right and just, a God of mercy.  
“From the immaculate Mary was born the immaculate Christ.”
1 Timothy 1:5 The only purpose of this instruction is that there should be love, coming out of a pure heart, a clear, conscience and a sincere faith.
May God Bless Always
Written and Created by My Mother Rose.





2 comments:

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...