Friday 14 April 2023

Kindness





 I totally understand that World Kindness Day is on Monday the 13th of November, but I really want to share kindness with you all now. Maybe I am preparing us all for that day or maybe I am inspiring and encouraging us to live with kindness everyday of our lives. Therefore, what does kindness mean? Kindness is being friendly, generous, and considerate. Health direct suggests people who are kind and compassionate have more happiness in their lives, healthier relationships and have better mental and physical wellbeing. I often feel much better when someone has been kind to me and research shows that this is true for those who are vulnerable, those recovering from depression, or those who have an addiction. Any form or act of kindness can increase and speed up the recovery process. So, what are some ways we can be kind to someone? We can be positive, sensitive, help solve problems, we might like to treat someone to a cup of coffee, send a note in a lunch box and I sometimes put notes in my children’s lunchboxes, and they love it. Kindness is a full circle once you give it, it comes right back to you, you feel happier and stronger for it.

I found a video that explains kindness a little bit better than I can, it’s called the science of kindness from The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation. I hope you enjoy.

May God Bless Always.

Written and created by Katie Robinson

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...