Sunday 2 April 2023

First Station with Mary

 

First Station: Jesus is Condemned to Die.

John 19:6

When they saw him the chief priests and the guards shouted, ‘crucify him! Crucify him!’ Pilate said, ‘take him yourselves and crucify him: I can find no case against him.’

What crowd are you shouting from? After listening to the Passion on Palm Sunday, it made me think what crowd I am a part of and what am I shouting?’ Am I shouting ‘Hosanna! Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord?’ Or am I shouting, ‘Crucify him!’

I would like to think I would be in the crowd shouting ‘Hosanna!’ I know there are times in my life where I have judged and wanted the worst things to happen to some people but when I read the first station and walk with Mary, I understand that she is teaching us to love and be kind to one another. How do you think Mary felt when she heard the crowd shout ‘Crucify him?’ I could only assume she was confused, and her heart was broken by many voices yelling and crying out ‘Crucify him!’.

May God Bless Always

Written and created by Katie Robinson 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...