Tuesday 24 January 2023

Our Mother the Shepherd.

 

As a mother I am a shepherd, shepherding my little flock, teaching them, feeding them, and loving them with all my heart and soul. This is my vocation to be a mother who loves her children unconditionally, without any conditions or limitations. If there is anything I can teach my children, I would teach them and help them to know the true meaning of love. This is from one of my favorite verses or chapters in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8, 13. Love is always, patient and kind; it is never jealous; love is never boastful or conceited; it is never rude or selfish; it does not take offence, and it is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people’s sins but delights in the truth; it is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes. Love does not come to an end.

Before I share 1 Corinthians 13:13, I wanted to say that Love does not come to an end, I believe it is one big circle we go around and around again. Every day I wake up and I have the chance and opportunity to fall in love repeatedly. I had a dream, and my dream came true because I see that dream in my children.

“In short, there are three things that last, faith, hope and love and the greatest of these is love” 1 Corinthians 13:13.

And that is for sure my love will always remain with my children for the rest of their lives. Love is a gift from God I am still imperfect but it’s something I am working on and practicing each day of my life and one day I will say that I am perfect in love. Until then I trust, hope, and endure whatever comes because I am destined to be a mother and destined to share love.

Happy Valentine’s Day! Let me leave you with a quote.

“In raising my children, I have lost my mind, but found my soul.” Author Lisa T. Shepherd.

May God Bless Always,

Written, photo and created by Katie Robinson

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...