Friday 20 January 2023

First Steps with Saint Mary Mackillop

Today I begun walking the streets of Brisbane where Saint Mary Mackillop walked.

I love this quote from Saint Mary Mackillop, 1867, “We are but travelers here.” This quote reminds me that our lives are journeys, and we are to move around making differences in people's lives by the way we are called to do so. We are also called to make changes and a difference within ourselves by growing and rediscovering who we are and what our purpose is.

This pilgrimage is something I have been wanting to do for a long time now. I journeyed with my family and together we decided to use the frangipani as a symbol and reminder that “God is so very good to us all” Saint Mary Mackillop, 1872. And God is very good to us even when we doubt, feel anxious, afraid, frustrated, or angry.

I am going to break the walk up and do a little bit at a time hopefully doing it once a month. We started the pilgrimage at The Powerhouse, and we made our way to The Custom House here in Brisbane Queensland. Overall, it took my family and I 4 hours to do, it was quite challenging to do a walk that big with my children, but we persevered and kept on going.

My hope at the end of this pilgrimage is for my family and I to have grown closer together and closer to God. Another hope is to be the traveler who sees much beyond the surface of things meaning there is lots to discover, and I hope I can become more knowledgeable and familiar with Brisbane.

Well, I will leave it there until next time I walk the streets of Brisbane.

May God Bless Always,

Written, created and photos by Katie Robinson.


No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...