Friday 27 May 2022

The Heart

 

Why the heart? This is a very good question we all know the heart is a muscle that pumps blood received from veins into arteries throughout the body and it is positioned between our lungs and in the middle of our chest, behind and slightly to the left of our breastbone or the sternum. Another good question is how can our hearts love? Why are our hearts filled with so much love? Well as history tells us our hearts are associated and connected to love that is why the heart is such a great symbol also that our brain and our hearts are so connected. Our brains control everything in our bodies down to our emotions, feelings and thought pattern. For example, if I tell my heart to love with all my heart, with all my might and soul I am going to follow through on that but if I tell my heart I can’t love another because they have hurt me so much then my heart won’t be opened to love, or to be able to trust.  

Now and then, someone comes along and whispers not into our ear but into our hearts, kisses not our lips but our souls and for me this has happened but the more I grow in faith, the more I learn about Jesus the more I hear, the more I see it becomes too hard to walk away from especially when I spend time in prayer or in silence with God. The sacred heart of Jesus is Love, it is God’s divine love for each one of us it has come from the center of the person of the son, incarnated and pierced by our sins. However, we are invited to contemplate and to look deeply into the sacred heart of Jesus who has a merciful love for the whole world.

So, Women of Faith and Hope let us take a closer look at the heart of Jesus this June because my heart has lost it's way and it thirsts, what I have longed for has been awakened by the touch of God who lives within. This journey I hope to feel love and passion, to realize my story continues and I want to recommit myself to my faith and hope. 

May God Bless Always

Written and created by My Mother Rose. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...