Thursday 11 November 2021

'My Words Will Not Pass Away.'

 


“Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.”

Mark 13:24-32

No matter what we go through in life we hold onto the words we find in verses, scripture, the bible, the Psalms, and each word brings hope and light back into our darkness and doubts.

I don’t ever think I could stray far from picking up my bible and reading it, to every word I hear, to every person I feel called to help to every dark moment in my life. His words remind me of a God who does not change and a God whose great love is without end.  

One of my favorite verses is from Isaiah 40:8 The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God remains forever. People pass, people come and go from our lives, seasons change it either gets colder or hotter, wetter or dryer but the one thing that remains the same is God, he is the same today, as he was yesterday and will be tomorrow.

Can we say that we remain the same?

I can’t say that I remain the same, each year I am a year older, possibly a little wiser or not the wiser, I try my best to make changes in my appearance, life choices and I make the effort to grow in my faith which is always changing because I am learning new things.

Over time you come to realize the importance of God’s Words and how it still can make an impact on people’s lives, for example we still talk and celebrate the birth of Jesus, we still journey through Lent discussing the Passion of Christ and what faith and Jesus means to us. This weekend as you listen to the readings and Gospel my only hope is for you to stay close to the word of God for it is the word of God that stands forever.

In the beginning was the Word; the Word was with God and the Word was God.

John 1:1

May God Bless Always, Women of Faith and Hope.

Written and created by My Mother Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...