Monday 22 November 2021

Advent Joy 2021

Colossians 1:11

You will have in you the strength, based on his own glorious power, never to give in, but to bear anything joyfully.

Women of Faith and Hope, we trust, and we shall not fear with Angels we shout out with Joy

‘Hark the Herald Angels Sing.’

What does it truly mean to be happy?

Our answers will be different and that’s ok because we are different, you are you and I am me. There are many things in this life that make me truly happy and that includes Christmas time where we prepare for a feast, for time spent with family and friends and we prepare ourselves for mass on Christmas Eve.

Sometimes happiness hits so hard especially when I choose to be happy not sad, nor angry. I want to be happy and so does our Lord who reminds us of that in the Second Reading.

Philippians 4:4-7

I want you to be happy, always happy in the Lord; I repeat, what I want is your happiness.

So, a question was put forth to John in the Gospel,

Luke 3:10-18

 what, then, must we do?

In no way do I want to change the answer John gives in the Gospel but if I am to reflect upon that question and answer it, I would suggest we make a choice to be happy, to stop comparing ourselves with others because we are perfect the way we are. To finish happiness means different things, I am happy when the Spirit is upon me because I can bring the Good News to you all, it’s being content with what we have in life, being happy for the love we give and the love we receive.

May your Christmas be filled with happy thoughts, happy people, and happy times.

May God Bless Always, Women of Faith and Hope.

Written and Created by My Mother Rose.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...