Wednesday 1 September 2021

'Be opened to hear'

 



‘Ephphatha,” that is ‘Be opened.’

Mark 7:31-37

What are you opened too?

Hopefully you are opened to the countless and endless possibilities God has in store for you.

Are you opened to hear, see, feel, know, and understand?

Possibly you are opened to being yourself and believe me it’s difficult to be open and share a story, issues, the things that are put off time and time again.

But are we opened to listen to the Good News of the Kingdom and be healed?

Matthew 4:23

Are you opened to healing?

We all know God still performs miracles who doesn’t want to be a witness to the healing power of God. Loner wolf suggests, there are five different types of spiritual healing, 1. Physical healing (of the body), 2. Emotional healing (of the heart), 3. Mental healing (of the mind), 4. Spiritual healing (of the spirit or soul), 5. Holistic healing (of the body, heart, mind, and spirit). I believe Healing is a process of becoming healthy again when we talk about healing spiritually, we practice and experience renewal, balance and harmony with the Divine who is God our creator.

Now, I want to mention that if it is God’s will there will be healing, God wants us all to be healthy, happy and for us all to grow in faith but know it is God’s will to heal I wanted to also mention, healing is our own choice if we want to be free from pain and suffering then we need to say yes and be free. I was reading an article by Lesli White, ‘The Healing Power of Christ, Jesus Christ is the Master Healer, and He has a plan to bring healing to your life.’ This article suggested healing takes place in scripture and Acts is full of healing stories so if you find some time have a read of the Acts of Apostles.

How do we heal Women of Faith and Hope?

First, I think it is important to listen, listen to your body signals what are we hearing? Are we in pain, do we need to sleep? Also, it is important we hear one another and when we understand each other we can heal. I have an example, a couple of years ago I went to a Spiritual workshop which was being held in the Parish and I put my hand up to help heal a man’s foot and after we prayed and performed healing we moved onto the next person and we were put into groups and in my group one person was so determined to pray for this person’s heart but in fact it was her back that needed praying for so it didn’t result in healing because the person who was so determined to pray for the persons heart failed to hear or listen to the pain or listen to the woman we were praying for. Now, not everybody who has the gift of healing is going to be acknowledged.

Which brings me to the second reading this week, St. James 2:1-5, I realized it wouldn’t matter what I wear if I came beautifully dressed or in shabby clothes no one would ever take notice of me. Sometimes I feel as though I am fighting my way up the front to be with God but when I think about it, I like sitting up the back it reminds me when I was little, sitting up the back of St Margaret Mary’s Church in Townsville playing with my Great Aunties Rosary beads and starring at Jesus on the cross listening to the priest who was speaking in some sort of mysterious code about God who I had to know? Who was this he was talking about a man with long hair dark eyes and a beard, a man who made the deaf hear and the dumb speak a man who chose me, chose my children, chose my family, and chose you? I believe Jesus has a plan to bring healing to all our lives and it might not seem like that right now in the world, so I want to leave you with these words from

Isaiah 35:4-7

‘Say to all faint hearts, Courage! Do not be afraid. Look, your God is coming.’

May God Bless Always, Women of Faith and Hope

Written and created by My Mother Rose.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...