Monday 25 January 2021

'Our Inner Demons.'

 


‘It might not feel like we can defeat the darkness, nor beat those inner demons by hiding them from the world but we can gain the strength and confidence to face our fears in the eye.’ Author Unknown

Acts 26:17-18,

I shall deliver you from the people and from the pagans, to whom I am sending you to open their eyes, so that they may run from darkness to light, from the dominion of Satan to God, and receive, through faith in me, forgiveness of their sins and a share in the inheritance of the sanctified.”

To be possessed means to be possessed by an evil spirit, demon, god or other supernatural force or in owning something, wealth, love or anger, it could also mean being obsessed with our inner thoughts, feelings and beliefs that cause us pain and sometimes we obsess about it and dwell on it and it could also feel as though we are being tortured by it all, haunted by the past,  by the pain and at times letting go of it all is the hardest and the worst thing for anybody to go through especially alone.  

 “You don’t like the truth coming from my mouth.” The Chicks, from their song, Truth No.2

I would love to tell someone I knew to:

“Be quiet! Come out of him/her!”

Unfortunately, I don’t think I could but wouldn’t it be nice to use the same Power Jesus has or be the example of a new kind of teaching that speaks with authority.  Actually, thinking about it, I was fortunate to tell a priest to stop talking. A couple of years ago, I was called into the Parish office and when I walked in and greeted the Parish Priest, I felt this presence that made me want to run but I couldn’t, I had to sit there and listen to what he had to say to me and the whole time I was so emotional, I believe there was too much energy in the room, good and bad. As we were sitting in the room and tensions were rising, and lots of frustrations, I told him to stop talking and he didn’t understand what I was asking of him and he said; “do you want me to stop talking, I don’t understand, what is going on, what is happening. ” I said, “Yes! Stop talking, I need to focus my mind, my thoughts.” When I think back on that memory or I am shown that memory, I am frantically looking for my Rosary beads, so I wish I had of looked for my Rosary beads and held them in my hands, clinging on to Jesus my protector and savior. I do believe our greatest weapon we have to defeat our demons in life is the Rosary and I am not meaning just reciting the Rosary but I am talking about our Rosary beads.

Who though really likes hearing the truth, especially when that truth is about you? Who likes hearing about themselves or should I say; our flaws or those annoying attributes or quirks? Sometimes, we need to hear the truth so we can face our own personal demons, and we are to make a conscious decision and choose to face, the hardest and the worst things about ourselves. I would rather though want to hear the truth instead of hearing lies and more lies.

 You believe in the one God-that is creditable enough, but the demons have the same belief, and they tremble with fear.’

James 2:19

Maybe you are thinking this week we are talking about the devil but God is calling us to do, to be and for a lot of things for example we are called to come to the water, to do work, to repent, believe and to follow. This week, we are being called to hear the hard truth and to suppress those inner demons that are holding us back in the dark and from being able to conquer the light. For it is our light that shines and defeats the demons, for light overpowers and overshadows the darkness. Nobody really wants to battle those inner demons; do you think Jesus enjoyed it, when he walked into the desert for forty days? I guess sometimes we need to take that adventure or go on that retreat to reflect, to grow wiser and stronger in our minds, hearts and spirit. 

So, I pray,

God, please have mercy on me, God, I crush myself and I fight myself all day long. I want to say my enemy crushes me all day long but I am my own worst enemy and I know the ones who fight proudly and lovingly against me, they only want what is best for me and I am so blessed and grateful. When I fear, I know I can trust in you and your words I praise. God, I know there is nothing I shall fear, what can I possibly to do to me? So, I ask you God, all day long could you help me to stay on track and when I call on you, can you be by my side and may I walk in your presence God and in the light of the living always. Amen.

Colossians 1:13-14,

Because that is what he has done: he has taken us out of the power of darkness and created a place for us in the Kingdom of the Son that he loves, and in him, we gain our freedom, the forgiveness of our sins.

‘Stay strong, Women of Faith and Hope; let us not fear for he will help us through each storm. ‘

May God Bless you and keep you all always.

Written and created by My Mother Rose.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...