Wednesday 6 January 2021

Come! To The Water.


 

The Spirit and the Bride say, ‘Come.’ Let everyone who listens answer, ‘Come.’ Then let all who are thirsty come: all who want it may have the water of life, and have it free.

Revelation 22:17

“Lord, I am not worthy to receive you, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.”

We say this just before we go up and receive the Holy Eucharist or the Blessed Sacrament. A Sacrament is regarded as imparting divine grace such as; Baptism, The Eucharist, Penance and Anointing of the sick.

‘I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never be hungry; he who believes in me will never thirst. But, as I have told you, you can see me and still you do not believe. All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I shall not turn them away.’

John 6:35-37

For a long time, I thought myself to be worthy of God and that I did not have to work for anything, the life I was leading was sufficient, it was enough to get me through the doors or the gate of heaven but as I draw nearer and closer to God, I understand that I am not worthy to receive the Lord in all his fullness, in all his glory but in true fact, I must work hard, doing good always, making better and wiser decisions because through his rich mercy and his great love I have been, we all have been saved, and deemed worthy to receive our Lord. We are all precious in his eyes, honored and much loved but that does not mean we are worthy or deserve to be saved or to receive the Lord.

As we move and travel closer to God, do we see Jesus as infinitely worthy? A beautiful sight to see, his grace which is given to sinners like us. He our Lord, our God, he is worthy of glory and honor and power because he made everything that exists.

He bids us to come! All, those who are thirsty to come and drink and we shall be filled with the goodness he has to offer. He was baptized not to be cleansed but to cleanse the waters, so the waters cleansed by the flesh of Christ might have the power of Baptism, for all those who come to the water will resurrect with Christ as new creatures that are free from sin and reborn as children of God. We become witnesses and in turn are to give testimony to his ultimate saving grace.

Then it might be possible when we come from out of the waters to hear our God say; “You are my beloved daughter, my beloved son, my favor rests on you.” Mark 1:7-11

Colossians 1:10-11,

So you will be able to lead the kind of life which the Lord expects of you, a life acceptable to him in all its aspects; showing the results in all the good actions you do and increasing your knowledge of God. You will have in you the strength, based on his own glorious power, never to give in, but to bear anything joyfully.

 

May God Bless Always, Women of Faith and Hope

Written and created by My Mother Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...