Monday 31 August 2020

Voice of God, do you hear his voice?


 

Psalm 94:7, For he is our God and we the people who belong to his pasture, the flock that is led by his hand. O that today you would listen to his voice!

Is this Mic. On? Testing one, two, three.

Who has heard of a CB radio? A way of communicating between groups of travelers, a way of tuning into different frequencies.

Women of Faith and Hope, check your receiver, do you copy? For me, to hear the voice of God, it’s in the small things and usually it’s two little small things, my son and daughter.  On a Sunday, they start setting the theme for the week and it continues until I have written it all down, lined it up with the word of God or until I have understood or have read them loud and clear.

Did ever a people hear the voice of the living God speaking from the heart of the fire, as you heard it and remain alive? Deuteronomy 4:33.

Does your brother or sister listen to you? Have they won you back or have you won them back?

What ways do we hear the voice of God?

·        The word of God

·        Other People

·        Our circumstances

·        This tiny small voice

·        His actual voice

·        Music, hymns

·        The Minister, Priest.

I once tried to talk to a brother and have it out with him, between the two of us but he never listened or wanted to listen, instead I was given a consequence. So, when I think about it, I didn’t win my brother back. So, I tried to ask for forgiveness for the both of us through prayer, instead I was given a consequence. I placed a complaint, hoping someone would help us, instead I was given a consequence. For my brother to listen, it wouldn’t matter if I used my voice; to mutter, whisper, shout, roar, suggest, demand, state, announce, assert, declare, affirm. He would not hear or listen to me. We are on different frequencies or wave lengths.

However, what if my voice was used by God to bring us back together as brother and sister? Hopefully, we have all heard the saying; “You break it, you buy it.” In this case, I believe, God is saying; “Katie, you broke it, fix it, mend it.” I guess like any parent would tell their child, “if you break it, we need to fix it.” So, be kind, compassionate, merciful and love, for each one of us is precious to Jesus. Yet we fail to understand, acknowledge to hear God speak to us in many ways.

We forget, through misunderstandings, difficulties, even when there seems to be division. God will be there with us. An example can be found in this week’s, Readings, Gospel Reading, Matthew 18:15-20.

A Brother or Sister, who seeks reconciliation, forgiveness, mutual love. but the problem is having the other not listen and agree to meet in the Father’s name. Are they happy, knowing what they have lost on earth, will not be found in heaven? I am not, it breaks my heart. Instead there is silence and distance, being told; “your brother isn’t nice, stay away, don’t go anywhere near them, keep your distance.” There is pretense, ‘I have never met you,’ we have never spent an hour of worshipping, devotion, an experience, an encounter in the name of Jesus Christ, it never happened. Or my favorite, being worried about what other people say? Who cares what other people say, it’s what you say, it’s how you feel that matters the most, but they are too caught up in their status, reputation and this is concerning them? If we knew reconciliation is entrusted to us by God, why wouldn’t one try to help heal the wounds or mend what is broken? Gospel Acclamation 2 Corinthians 5:19. Through the Lord, we can be binded together here on earth and in heaven, with the love of God. For there is one God, one King, one body who has reconciled himself to the world and the Good News, it’s our turn to reconcile the world with Christ with merciful love, it’s time to bring back our Brothers and Sisters to know Christ, who is forgiving and love. Love is after all the answer to every one of the commandments.

Deuteronomy 28:1-2, But if you obey the voice of the LORD your God faithfully, keeping and observing all those commandments of his that I enjoin on you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth. All the blessings that follow shall come up with you and overtake you if only you obey the voice of the LORD your God.

I hear promises, good promises, maybe one day, I can walk beside my Brother, like Saint Francis and Saint Clare, share a meal, for my invitation for coffee to be accepted finally and for people to only think of the love and friendship two people can have when they meet in the name of Jesus, and "where they meet, I shall be there with them."

May God Bless Always, Women of Faith and Hope.

Written and Created by My Mother Rose.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...