Friday 8 May 2020

'POWER!'


1Corinthians 2:10­-16, These are the very things that God has revealed to us through the Spirit, for the Spirit reaches the depths of everything, even the depths of God. After all, the depths of a man can only be known by his own spirit, not by any other man, and in the same way the depths of God can only be known by the Spirit of God. Now instead of the spirit of the world, we have received the Spirit that comes from God, teach us to understand the gifts that he has given us. Therefore, we teach, not in the way in which philosophy is taught, but in the way that the Spirit teaches us; we teach spiritual things spiritually. An unspiritual person is one who does not accept anything of the Spirit of God; he sees it all as nonsense; it is beyond his understanding because it can only be understood by means of the Spirit. A spiritual man, on the other hand, is able to judge the value of everything, and his own value is not to be judged by other men. As scripture says: Who can know the mind of the Lord, so who can teach him? But we are those who have the mind of Christ.
For the past month, I have been watching videos from the Pentecost Pilgrimage, listening to beautiful testimonies of the Spirit of truth, the Holy Spirit. Even before, I started the Pilgrimage, I was seeking my truth and one word that has been knocking on my door is ‘Power.’ What is Power? How do we use our power? Do we use our power for good and for the advantage of others? Or do we use our power to get ahead, for our own advantage?
Well, we will get back to that, on Sunday, we acknowledge, welcome and celebrate, the Holy Spirit. I must be totally honest; I had never heard of the Holy Spirit before, it was only when I say, “In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” However, it wasn’t until I started my spiritual journey, attended Alpha, started to grow more in my Faith, attending workshops, that I was becoming more curious, hungry to learn, understand, to have knowledge of this incredible presence, force, wanting to enter and be a part of my life. Well, I must be totally honest again; what a presence! I have become more opened and sometimes, I still scratch my head and wonder or I am left totally and utterly amazed by the Holy Spirit or whatever it maybe, all I know is, there is something working for us and with us to have a great life, a happy life, a life that helps us to be in control of our choices, our attitude, behavior and helps us to grow in our own spirit, our spirit of love, kindness, compassion, patience, joy, goodness, health and charity.
So, let’s get back now to ‘POWER!’ Knowing me, I had to research, pray about it before I could write and share with you all. Over Easter, I shared that God was really asking me to bring alive and keep active the Word of God because every word of God is Spirit and life, When we receive and live and act on the Word of God, it is only then the ‘POWER’ of God will work in us. Acts 1:8 but you will receive ‘POWER’ when the Holy Spirit comes on you, and then you will become my witnesses, not only in Jerusalem but throughout Judea and Samaria, and indeed to the ends of the earth. “ABBA, FATHER!” The Word of God, gives me ‘POWER!’ gives me new life, new hope, brings alive in me a Faith, I never knew I had but I can’t keep all this ‘POWER,’ to myself, here is the thing, we all share and have the same ‘POWER,’ all you have to do is receive the Word of God. How do you receive the Word of God and this incredible blessing? Firstly, the Word of God, is scripture. We listen to scripture, when we attend mass, bible study groups, prayer groups, Adoration and of course, Women of Faith and Hope. We also receive the Word of God, through sight, social media, billboards, magnets, bookmarks, cards etc. When we are ready to receive the Word of God, our hearts are opened and we believe, and trust in what he has for us. 2 Timothy 3:15-17, and how, ever since you were a child, you have known the holy scriptures-from these you can learn the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All scripture is inspired by God and can profitably be used for teaching, for refuting error, for guiding people’s lives and teaching them to be holy, this is how the man who is dedicated to God becomes fully equipped and ready for any good work.
It is our Faith that activates the ‘POWER of GOD,’ It is our Faith in the ‘POWER OF GOD’S WORDS’, that turn our lives around, and we are awoken to a ‘POWER,’ we never knew, we could possibly have. I want to finish by sharing the beginning of Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying: ‘Whom shall I send? Who will be our messenger? I answered, ‘Here I am, send me.’ He said. Isaiah, is my favorite chapter of the bible and it’s where the Spirit of truth, leads me, when I am in need of comfort, protection, guidance, newness and strength, the words in Isaiah bring me close to Christ, God, grace, life and mercy and I am always left feeling the breath of wind, fire, water, light and the Holy Spirit.
Women of Faith and Hope, may you all come to know the truth and ‘POWER’ of the Holy Spirit, in your own lives.
Revelations 19:12-13, His eyes were flames of fire, and his head was crowned with many coronets; the name written on him was known only to himself, his cloak was soaked in blood, He is known by the name, The Word of God.
May God Bless Always.
Written and created by My Mother Rose.




No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...