Wednesday 6 May 2020

He is the way, the truth and the life.


In both my hands, I hold five stones, faith, hope, dream and peace but on one of my hands I hold Love and Love is different. My son reminded me that love is the most important stone and I would have to agree. This week’s gospel and readings, talk about rejection, believing in the beauty and strength of the chief corner stone who is Jesus Christ and he is love. We too are like the chief corner stone, not perfect but we are beautiful, strong and sometimes, we hope and trust for someone to believe in us, to believe in our very existence and to love us, like he loved us.
What does it mean to believe?
To believe we are accepting something that is true, we have faith and walk and live our lives with confidence and trust. Jesus says; “I am the way, the truth and the life.” I guess my question is why should I believe him? Well, he is the way; the only way because he was chosen by God, he was the only one to have come down from heaven and returned there, he is the only sacrifice for sin, he alone fulfilled the laws of the prophets, he is the only man to have conquered death and he is the only mediator between God and man. Still, why is Jesus the truth? The truth is simple, it’s our choice, it’s our attitude, and the truth is a way of being, a journey, process, spirituality, and a relationship with God through Christ, who is the way for us to see the world as God sees it. If we don’t love the truth, if we resist it, we resist salvation and all the incredible blessings that flow from God. Leaves me with one more question; why is Jesus life? I truly believe, we come alive when we come to have faith in Christ, in something that is bigger than any of us could ever imagine and I guess it’s true if we want to know God, we must go through Jesus Christ first.
So, no matter how many times, they stumble, walk all over you, and neglect you. Know this, our chief cornerstone, who is precious,  beyond and undeniably magnificent, we can too feel and be this way, the truth and life for our families, friends and all those who come and go from our life.  “Christ alone, weak made strong in the savior’s love through the storm, he is Lord of all.” Author Unknown
I do like that quote, for in our own weakness we are made strong by our savior’s love, strength, courage, goodness or is it by our faith, hopes and the peace we seek. Whichever it may be, Jesus is the only way to the Father, it is up to us to follow, allowing him to lead the way, it is up to us to trust and to have confidence in the word of God and it’s up to us, to learn how to rely and respond more to his presence because God is not past nor future, for he his present, present in this moment with us.
In one of my hands I hold five stones, faith, hope, dream, peace and the greatest of all love. Do you believe me?
May God Bless Always
Written by My Mother Rose





No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...