Saturday 10 September 2022

Sisterly love of God.

 

All journeys bring us closer to God.

Family of Saints.

-------------- By My Mother Rose.



 

September’s Journey

I was driving my children to school and on the back of the car in front of me it had a sticker that read; “For God everything is possible.”  

Our next family of Saints is Saint Clare and Saint Agnes of Assisi.

Saint Clare Offreduccio was 18 when she escaped from her wealthy home and received the religious habit from Saint Francis. Clare became a mother and foundress of the Franciscan Second Order, called the ’Poor Clare’s.’ Poor Clare’s is an order that lives and imitates the life of Christ by observing the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

One of Saint Clare’s followers was her sister Saint Agnes who moved out of home at the age of 15 and under the spiritual direction of Saint Francis, Saint Agnes helped to develop convents in Northern Italy.

I remember moving out of home following my sister. I was never brought back by attempted force like Saint Agnes however I recall my father saying, “you have a month to find a job then you have to come home.”

Lucky enough I found a job and I worked there for ten years before changing professions.

I was thinking about this on Saturday night that the word of God lives forever in my heart. It protects me and gives me life.

Being a follower isn’t easy, but it becomes easier and fulfilling. I can only assume Saint Clare and Saint Agnes felt the same way. Knowing the race, they were running leads to the prize to which God calls us upwards to receive in Christ Jesus.

Matthew 5:3 ‘Happy the poor in spirit, the kingdom of heaven is theirs!’

God is my portion, my cup, and my prize. He directs my heart and keeps me safe. He shows me the path of Life and the fullness of joy and peace. May all that we do be done with great love.  

I am very blessed to be the middle child even though I complain about it but being in the middle feels like I have superpowers and it has prepared me for the world I live in. Thank you, my beautiful sisters. 

“What you hold, may you always hold, what you do and never abandon. But with swift pace, light step, unswerving feet, so that even your steps stir up no dust, may you go forward securely, joyfully, and swiftly, on the path of prudent happiness.” 

Saint Clare of Assisi.

May God Bless Always, Women of Faith and Hope.

Written and created by Katie Robinson 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...