Wednesday 31 August 2022

Courage and Strength between a mother and her son.

 


“Walk with your feet on earth. But your heart be in heaven.” Saint John Bosco

Our next family who I would like to introduce to you all is Saint John Bosco or Saint Don Bosco however you choose to say his name and his mother Margaret Bosco. I am going to admit and blush while I am writing this, but I am in love with this priest, saint and man and his mother Margaret because their story is so raw meaning, they are so strong, passionate, and fervent for doing God’s will on earth.  

As well as their service to God I must mention their incredible union and bond as Mother and Son. There was a time in Saint John Bosco’s life where with every effort in establishing oratories centers for abandoned boys, juveniles, and ex-prisoners, he experienced rejection however he never gave up he possessed a tender heart and suffered because of it.  But the day came when he needed someone, a woman and there is no other woman he wanted, he had to have a partner who had been through intensive spiritual warfare, battled with their faith and someone who he could trust and knew how to love as only a mother can. That woman was his mother Margaret and she never hesitated to enter the battleground for the boys, and Saint John Bosco.  They set up a resident in Turin Northern Italy and opened their home to Orphans.

Their life was challenging but they never gave up God had entrusted a lot of young boys to them and what kept them going was the crucifix on the wall, if work was getting hard, they felt exhausted or has though they wanted to give up because nothing was changing or getting through to the young boys they would look to the wall where the crucifix hung.        

If I was looking for words to describe Saint John and his mother Margaret, I would use the words courage and strength. When we begin our journeys, it can be very challenging and there is a lot of suffering and pain. Like Saint John Bosco If I need support and encouragement, I call my mum and she help’s the best way she can, and I really appreciate it. Love you mum oxo

May God Bless Always, Women of Faith and Hope by My Mother Rose

Written and created by Katie Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...