Saturday 30 July 2022

Family!


 On Saturday, I was driving home from my sisters and my daughter asked, “Are Anthony and I related?” I said, “Yes, you are his sister, and he is your brother,” then my son asked, “what does it mean to be related?” I said, ‘being related means we are from the same blood line.’ I suppose that is right it also means we belong to the same family, group, or community too. I did however think of an Irish Gaelic phrase that is used in the film Million Dollar Baby, “Mo Cuishle,” meaning “My darling, my blood.” I find that very beautiful even if the scene leaves me feeling distraught.

What does family mean to you? Our answers will differ because all our situations are different, for me family can mean feeling safe, comfortable, loved, and happy although traditionally a family consists of parents and their children who make up a unit, but you don’t have to be related or blood to be family. Family, is where you are respected, accepted, encouraged, and supported to be who you are because the love you feel from your family is the greatest blessing of all.

Let’s talk about family and family life who makes up your family, what are the greatest things about your family?

May God Bless Always, Women of Faith and Hope by My Mother Rose and Written and created.

No comments:

Post a Comment

September 2024

  This September let us investigate Godly characteristics. What do I mean? Well, we all have a characteristic, attributes a feature that bel...